Disney's Animal Kingdom will be celebrating Earth Month once again this year with several limited-time experiences from April 18 to 24 2021. Though this year's celebration will look a little different than those in years past, the park will still be hosting special character appearances, learning opportunities, merchandise, and more. Here's a full rundown of all the limited time happenings that will be available next month:
- Check out limited-time character appearances on Discovery River Character Cruises.
- Earn a special Wilderness Explorer limited-time Earth Day Nature badge with new self-guided challenges around the park
- Disney PhotoPass will have special in-park Earth Day backgrounds and limited time Magic Shots
- Beginning April 2, you can watch as artisans transform 40 tons of sand into a detailed sculpture celebrating National Geographic’s “Secrets of the Whales,” an original series streaming on Disney+ on Earth Day. The sculpture will be located on the Discovery Island Stage until April 30.
- Limited-time specialty cupcakes: the Creature Comfort’s Honey Bee Cupcake, the strawberry-flavored Flamingo Cupcake at Flame Tree Barbecue, or the Sea Turtle Graham Cracker Cupcake at Restaurantosaurus Lounge.
If you are wanting to visit the park during this limited time celebration, you'll want to make sure you make a parks pass reservation as soon as possible, as the Spring Break period has been very busy, with many theme parks now unavailable between now and mid-April.
Disney's Animal Kingdom has also recently extended its hours from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (previously 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM) in early April, so guests have more time to enjoy all this park has to offer this spring!