Price hikes and upcharge events have become an unfortunate reality of the modern landscape of Disney Parks, and though Disney raised prices last June for annual passholders at Walt Disney World, it looks like annual passes at the Florida resort as well as tickets and passes at Disneyland are about to get a LOT more expensive thanks to a brand new round of price hikes that are now in effect.
Annual pass prices are up by modest amounts at Walt Disney World
Though Walt Disney World annual passholders got some serious sticker shock last June when the two "no blockout" passes went over the $1000 mark for non-Florida residents, it looks like prices are on the rise again with some big year over year percentage increases. . Here's the full price breakdown for regular guests and Florida residents.
- The Disney Platinum Plus Pass is now $1295, up from $1219, a 6% increase. For Florida Residents, the price is remains $999.
- The Disney Platinum Pass is now $1195, up from $1119, a 7% increase. For Florida Residents, the price remains $899.
- The Gold Pass is now $719, up from $699, a 3% increase (this type of pass is only available to Florida Residents, so there is no additional location-based discount)
- The Silver Pass is now $539 up from $519, a 4% increase (this type of pass is only available to Florida Residents, so there is no additional location-based discount)
- Florida Resident Weekday Select Seasonal pass is now $369, up from $349, a 6% increase.
Though these price hikes are certainly a lot to take in for those visiting Walt Disney World, over on the west coast prices are up even more!
Disneyland introduces new five-tier system for single-day tickets
Like Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort has a tiered ticket system that charges different prices for single day tickets to the resort depending on projected crowd levels. However, now instead of having three value, regular, and peak periods, Disneyland has expanded to five price "tiers", which are priced as follows:
- Tier 1: 1 Day Tier 1 tickets will cost $104, the same price as the old "Value" tickets. Adding the park hopper option will now cost $159, up from $154
- Tier 2: 1 Day Tier 2 tickets will cost $114 Adding the park hopper option will now bring the total ticket price to $169
- Tier 3: 1 Day Tier 3 tickets will cost $124. Adding the park hopper option will now bring the total ticket price to $179
- Tier 4: 1 Day Tier 4 tickets will cost $139. Adding the park hopper option will now bring the total ticket price to $194
- Tier 5: 1 Day Tier 5 tickets are $154. Adding the park hopper option will now bring the total ticket price to $209, which is the first time the price for a single day ticket at Disneyland resort has gone over $200