Disneyland is gearing up for a MASSIVE 2020, which will see the opening not only of the blockbuster Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Disneyland Park, but also the Avengers Campus California at Disney California Adventure! Here's all the biggest developments and announcements from Disney's west coast resort you need to know about!
1. Summer opening date confirmed for Avengers Campus California
Disney has confirmed that phase one of Avengers Campus California will begin welcoming new recruits in summer 2020. And while we don’t have an official opening date yet, we'd guess this probably means a July or August opening date.
Though technically the first attraction to be featured in this land is Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout, which has been open since 2017, when this land officially opens next year it will debut with another new attraction based on Spider-Man as well as some other additions:
- In a new unnamed experience, guests will be able to visit the Worldwide Engineering Brigade, also known as “WEB”. Inside, guests will have the opportunity to experience what it’s like to have web-slinging superpowers like Spider-Man as they take on a mission to take out Spider-Bots that have run amok during a test drive of the “Web Slinger” vehicle, which gives guests the ability to sling webs just like Spider-Man.
- Pym Test Kitchen: A new restaurant based around the world of Ant-Man and The Wasp where “Pym Particles” are used to grow and shrink just about anything, Pym Technologies is using the latest innovations to grow and shrink food at this eatery!
- Character meet and greets: Because this new land exists outside the MCU timeline, guests can find iconic heroes both old and new, including Black Widow, Ant-Man and The Wasp, Doctor Strange, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther, Thor, and Iron Man.
Though there will be a lot to see and do once the Avengers Campus: California opens this summer, the unnamed "E-Ticket" attraction, which will see guests flying alongside heroes like the Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Hulk and more as they battle against Marvel villains in the iconic Quinjet, will not open with this first phase, and does not have an opening target yet.
2. Alfresco Tasting Terrace now only for Annual Passholders
The Alfresco Tasting Terrace, which is a "hidden" watering hole inside Wine Country Trattoria that offers elevated views of Cars Land, has announced that beginning this month this establishment will become an exclusive Annual Passholder exclusive dining location. Guests who bring their valid Annual Pass will not only be able to dine at this location, but will also be able to bring non-AP guests and sample the five new cocktails that have been added to the menu.