Earlier this year Disney announced that they would be offering a special Disneyland After Dark event for guests looking to visit a Galaxy Far, Far Away after dark this summer on August 27th! During this special Star Wars Nite Disneyland: After Dark guests will be able to experience the following:
- Shorter wait times for Star Wars attractions
- Access to Disneyland Park after hours beginning at 6pm
- Star Wars themed fireworks, galactic dance parties and character encounters
- Enhanced décor, exclusive event merchandise and Star Wars inspired food and beverages
- Immersive Star Wars themed photo-ops
- Unlimited digital downloads of Disney PhotoPass pictures taken during the party
However, when tickets went on sale for Disneyland: After Dark Star Wars Nite earlier this week, fans were met with an unfortunate caveat: this after hours event would NOT include access to Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
This is understandably frustrating for prospective attendees, not only because many were hoping to experience this in-demand attraction during this upcharge event (which costs $109 per person), but also because this event will take place over six months from now, which many had hoped would be enough time for Disney to work out the kinks with Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, and get it running stably enough to handle being open at a limited-time after hours event. But sadly, even though this event is far in the future, it looks like Disney does not have much confidence in the possibility of operational improvement at this attraction.
And unfortunately that doesn't bode well for those hoping for Stand by or FastPass+ options in the near future for the newest attraction at Disneyland.