Character meet and greets are a big part of what makes a trip to Walt Disney World so special, and in recent months Disney has taken it upon themselves to make a number of improvements and changes to each park's character line-up. While not all of these changes are always popular with guests, Disney is constantly making adjustments to try and make character offerings as diverse as possible while still keeping things running efficiently around the parks.
This month, Epcot's reinvention rolls on, resulting in the closure of a temporary attraction, more character shuffles, plus we say goodbye to a few friends before the end of next week!
1. Temporary Epcot Character Spot closing, causing character moves
Epcot has been in a state of upheaval over the past few months and just after the busy holiday season ends, the current Character Spot will close on January 5, 2020 in Innoventions West. Because of this closure, we will be getting a few character shuffles in the near future including the following:
- Minnie Mouse will move to the meeting area in the World Showcase Gazebo.
- Daisy Duck (who formerly met in the gazebo area) will relocate to Future World East.
- Goofy will meet guests at the park's main entrance area near Spaceship Earth.
- Joy will be meeting guests sometime in the future in in the Imagination! pavilion in the ImageWorks area. A new backdrop and greeting area is currently being installed and should be finished soon.
Sadly it looks like January 5, 2020 will be the last day for guests to meet characters Sadness and Baymax, as these two will not be relocating after this closure.