Though we thought that discounts would be sparse this fall due to the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge on August 29th, it looks like the light crowd levels during opening of this land at Disneyland may have made some at Walt Disney World nervous, and as a result we are getting a bunch of new discounts and deals for this fall and winter, which include the return of the free dining deal, and deep discounts on hotel rooms.
However, it looks like Disney is taking their discounting strategy one step further, and is now offering a brand new, less expensive ticket for guests visiting this fall. But of course, as with any Disney deal, there are some caveats:
Introducing the Mid-Day Magic Ticket
Walt Disney World is launching a brand new Mid-Day Magic ticket option for guests, which grants access to the parks after noon. Guests can purchase this ticket with several options including multi-day and park hopper. Here's the basic price breakdown:
- A 2-day ticket costs $88 a day, plus tax (from $176 total, plus tax)
- A 3-day ticket costs $84 a day, plus tax (from $252 total, plus tax)
- A 4-day ticket costs $79 a day, plus tax (from $316 total, plus tax)
Though the base ticket only includes one park per day, a Park Hopper Option (or Park Hopper Plus) can be added on for an additional fee. Disney FastPass+ selections before 12:00 PM will not be valid with the Mid-Day Magic ticket, and guests who are staying on property can not use this ticket to gain access to morning Extra Magic Hours.
Things to consider before you buy
Though these prices are certainly attractive for guests who are looking to save a little money on their Walt Disney World vacation (and don't mind sleeping in!), there are some things that guests might want to consider before purchasing these deeply discounted tickets
- These tickets are only available for the fall, and can only be purchased and used before December 15th
- During this time, the Magic Kingdom closes early almost every night for either Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party or Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
- If you are a Florida resident, you may be able to take advantage of other discounts that include morning admission and are of comparable price.
Those looking to purchase these tickets can visit Disney's website for pricing specific to their dates and options.