This week at Walt Disney World, an extended closure gets longer, a new free dining deal is announced, plus Disney announces a way for annual passholders to get free money this fall just for visiting Epcot!
Outside Walt Disney World, Universal finally announces its new park, as well as a few other things as well...
1. Primeval Whirl closure extended again
Over a month ago on June 17, the Walt Disney World Resort released an advisory informing Guests that Primeval Whirl would be closed until further notice due to unspecified technical issues. And though we still don't know exactly what is happening with this attraction Disney predicted that this attraction could open as soon as July 4, but of course, that never happened, and the attraction remains closed as we enter August. And now Disney has said that this attraction will not open at all this month, and may be available by the end of September at the EARLIEST. And all the while still not saying what is even wrong with this attraction that has caused it to be closed basically all summer.
2. More annual passholder perks and discounts announced for fall
Though Disney announced a number of perks coming this fall for annual passholders visiting Epcot, a number of additional perks and discounts have been announced, including the following:
- Exclusive character meet and greets: Beginning August 29, Annual Passholders can meet Winnie the Pooh at Christopher Robin’s room in the United Kingdom at Epcot, while over at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Passholders can meet Baloo, as well as Tarzan and Jane.
- Free money for dining at Epcot: when Annual Passholders purchase a $100 Disney Gift Card, they’ll also receive a $10 digital bonus to use at select Table-Service restaurants at Epcot, including: Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, Biergarten Restaurant, Coral Reef Restaurant, Garden Grill Restaurant, Le Cellier Steakhouse and Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room.This gift card can be purchased at Mouse Gear, Disney Traders, the Bridge Kiosk or Port of Entry.
- Food and Wine festival Freebies: Epcot International Food & Wine Festival are eligible to receive a complimentary Chef Minnie magnet (August 29- October 14), and a Chef Remy magnet (October 15-November 23). On the Annual Passholder’s fourth visit to the festival, they can also receive a complimentary Chef Minnie wooden coaster set.