There has been a lot of talk in the last couple of weeks regarding the potential rebranding of the iconic Rock 'n' Rollercoaster at Disney's Hollywood Studios to Muppets Mayhem.
Well, in a very interesting development, reporter Scott Gustin posted on twitter last night that "Jeff Yorkes, co-creator of #TheMuppetsMayhem, says a Muppets Mayhem Rock 'n' Roller Coaster retheme was part of the team's original show pitch to Disney. https://twitter.com/JeffYorkes/status/1666862752332419074"
This is certainly big news and even more interesting is the fact that the original tweet posted by Jeff Yorkes has now been deleted. We are guessing this is either because Disney does not yet want to divulge their plans or that it is a deliberate plan to get public opinion on a potential Muppets Mayhem retheming. You can't get better market research that that!
Yesterday we posted our poll results where we asked you, What would you like to see Rock 'n' Rollercoaster at Disney's Hollywood Studios rebranded to? Below you can see the results as they now currently stand at the time of writing and next to them are the results from yesterday:
- The Muppets Mayhem - 68% (Yesterday 55%)
- QUEEN - 8% (Yesterday 11%)
- Keep AEROSMITH - 18% (Yesterday 25%)
- Something different - 6% (Yesterday 9%)
As you can see, more and more people are voting for a rebrand to Muppets and with this new information it looks like there is a greater chance that this could actually become a reality at some point in the future. Just to reiterate, nothing has been officially confirmed by Disney regarding the rebranding of Rock 'n' Rollercoaster and we will keep you up to date on the latest developments.
What is to become of Rock 'n' Rollercoaster at Disney's Hollywood Studios has certainly been a hot topic of discussion for Disney fans. With the attraction having been closed since February 21 for an extended refurbishment, there has been much speculation about whether Disney will choose to rebrand this popular coaster in the light of the recent allegations against Aerosmith lead, Steven Tyler.
Rock 'n' Rollercoaster reopened at the weekend with an updated launch system which had been the cause of substantial downtime for this popular attraction. The Aerosmith theming and soundtrack currently remains the same but this hasn't stopped the rumors regarding possible rebrand themes.
At the end of May, Screamscape reported the latest rumor being floated which is to retheme Rock 'n' Rollercoaster to “The Muppets Mayhem” series on Disney+. Now, is this just a crazy idea or one with some potential? The Muppets have always had classic appeal and their charm will surely continue to have longevity for years to come. Could this idea really work?
Check out the official trailer for The Muppets Mayhem below which began streaming on Disney+ on May 10.
But we couldn't forget about the other big rumor that was aired back in March when in an episode of "Office Hours Live" hosted by Tim Heidecker, in answer to a question from a caller about Rock 'n' rollercoaster, actor Ken Marino commented that the attraction will be changed to Queen.
Now Queen has been talked about a number of times before as a natural replacement for Aerosmith but Marino's comment that it is likely to happen we are still treating as complete speculation because as already stated there has been no comment from Disney regarding any confirmed plans for a rebrand. Based on the results above, this option certainly doesn't appear to be the most popular one now.
Queen could certainly be considered as a temporary rebrand if Disney are keen to get Aerosmith out of the park. We assume just the pre-show would be changed and instead of guests racing through Los Angeles to the sound of Aerosmith it would be Queen. But, if Queen was indeed chosen to replace Aerosmith would Disney fans be happy about it?
Well, the results of our poll asking you whether you would be happy to see a Queen rebranding currently come in at 62% saying "Yes" with the remaining 38% saying "No" to a possible Queen rebrand. So, yes a temporary rebrand to Queen could work but as a major overhaul is it just too similar and also somewhat outdated.
So now, although 18% of those who voted want the AEROSMITH brand to remain, 68% voted for a Muppets Mayhem rebrand which is certainly encouraging for these long time lovable characters. So, which would you choose or would you vote "none of the above". There is still time to vote, let us know your thoughts by voting in our new poll or by leaving us a comment below or on our Facebook page.