UPDATE September 3 - Fans of Montezooma’s Revenge will be pleased to hear that the roller coaster is getting a make over ready for the 2023 season. Thanks for an article on the OC Register, we now have a clearer picture of exactly what fans will be able to enjoy. MonteZOOMa: The Forbidden Fortress is set to have:
- A randomized launch sequence making it impossible for anyone to know which direction the train will take them in at the start of each ride. Forwards or backwards, you will just have to wait and see!
- New over-the-shoulder rider restraints will replace the lap bars in order to meet current requirements by the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM). This has concerned many fans due to load time.
- New trains manufactured by KumbaK which are rumored to have on board lighting.
- A special effects sequence rumored to be added to the station for the launch of the coaster.
- Tell the story of the Montezuma’s hidden treasure and those who have tried to find the Aztec emperor’s riches over the years.
We will keep you up to date with further information about MonteZOOMa: The Forbidden Fortress and Viva Fiesta Village prior to their debut in 2023 on our news and Facebook page.
August 14 - Knott's Berry Farm was recently in the news due to an incident which saw the park having to close early because of multiple fights leading to the implemenation of a chaperone policy. We now bring good news of an expansion to Knott's Berry Farm which is set to debut in 2023. Viva Fiesta Village is inspired by the Hispanic influence on Southern California.
Guests will be able to wander down Fiesta Mercado which has been inspired by Los Angeles' Olvera Street. There will a range of shops and dining locations including the full service restaurant, Casa California which will serve tacos and burritos. The lush landscaping adds vibrant color to the area which houses a number of flat rides.
MonteZOOMa: The Forbidden Fortress will provide Knott's Berry Farm fans with an updated and modern twist on the classic coaster which is described as, "The new updates allow guests to be completely surprised by the direction the train will take them at the start of each ride. The randomized launch sequence will make it impossible for anyone to know their destiny until it is too late to escape the clutches of Montezooma. Only those brave enough can make it through the final challenge and find themselves at the home of the hidden Aztec treasure in MonteZOOMa: The Forbidden Fortress."
Knott's Berry Farm has released an animated video showing what can be expected from the new Viva Fiesta Village when in opens in 2023. This is embedded below.
Are you impressed by the plans for Viva Fiesta Village? Are you excited to ride the newly updated MonteZOOMa: The Forbidden Fortress? Let us know your thoughts by leaving us a comment below or on our Facebook page.