This week at Walt Disney World, more walls go up at Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios cuts a character, plus the resort braces for massive Spring Break crowds!
Outside Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando Resort announces a new marketing campaign, plus SeaWorld offers Passholders a new freebie on select dates!
1. Center of Future World now all behind walls
Over the weekend Epcot has walled off the entirety of the center of Future World, from the back of Spaceship Earth to the World Showcase Bridge. As you can see from the map above, guests who visit Epcot once they enter the park will need to take one of two walkways to get around the construction; one on the left which will lead to Test Track and Mission: Space, and the other on the right which will take guests to The Seas With Nemo and Friends as well as The Land and Imagination Pavilions.
2. Disney hikes prices on annual passes
Annual pass prices are on the rise again at Walt Disney World with some big year over year percentage increases going in to effect this week. Here's the breakdown:
- The Disney Platinum Plus Pass is now $1295, up from $1219, a 6% increase. For Florida Residents, the price is remains $999.
- The Disney Platinum Pass is now $1195, up from $1119, a 7% increase. For Florida Residents, the price remains $899.
- The Gold Pass is now $719, up from $699, a 3% increase (this type of pass is only available to Florida Residents, so there is no additional location-based discount)
- The Silver Pass is now $539 up from $519, a 4% increase (this type of pass is only available to Florida Residents, so there is no additional location-based discount)
- Florida Resident Weekday Select Seasonal pass is now $369, up from $349, a 6% increase.
3. Taste Track and Regal Eagle Smokehouse opening this week
Though quick service restaurant the Electric Umbrella closed this week, Disney has confirmed that the Regal Eagle Smokehouse quick service restaurant at the American Adventure pavilion will be open this week. In addition, the Taste Track kiosk will reopen in Future World this week, serving sandwiches, french fries, and other fast fare.