This week at Walt Disney World, new holiday offerings come to EPCOT, annual passes are pulled from Disney's website, plus we get a refurbishment update from Disney's Animal Kingdom
Outside Walt Disney World, SeaWiorld Orlando reopens a classic attraction with a new theme, and offers deep discounts on tickets, annual passes, and more as part of their annual Cyber Monday sale.
1. New quick-service Candlelight Processional dining package now available at Reagle Eagle Smokehouse
When Disney announced the return of the EPCOT holiday favorite Candlelight processional this year, fans were understandably excited and reservations for the Candlelight Processional dining package were quickly snapped up in less than an hour. However, if you weren't one of the lucky few who were able to score one of these early reservations, it looks like you have another option!
For the first time ever, EPCOT is offering a quick service dining package for the Candlelight Processional that guests can book day of. Priced at $39.99 per person, this package includes an entree, non-alcoholic beverage, dessert, and guaranteed seating at your choice of show. Availability is limited, and packages are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis, so guests wanting to take advantage of this option should plan to arrive at the restaurant early. Packages are also only available for guests ordering inside the restaurant, and you cannot use mobile order to get a package deal.
2. Most Walt Disney World annual passes now unavailable
Though it has only been a few months since Walt Disney World brought back its annual pass program, it looks like those who were looking to pick up a new annual pass during the holiday season may be out of luck, with all but the lowest tier of annual pass now unavailable. According to Walt Disney World's official website, "New sales of select Annual Passes are currently paused. New sales of the Disney Pixie Dust Pass remain available for Florida Residents."
Though no reason was given for this move, when Disney brought back annual pass sales back in August, they included the stipulation that sales could be paused at any time due to demand.
3. Reserved seating at KiteTails available for annual passholders from December 1-15
And speaking of Walt Disney World Annual Passholders, from December 1-15 passholders visiting Disney's Animal Kingdom will have access to an exclusive seating section during all available showtimes for Disney KiteTails at Disney's Animal Kingdom. Passholders can access this seating area up to five minutes before each show by using the specially-marked annual passholder entrance to the theater.
4. Disney on Broadway full performer lineup announced
Looking towards 2022, Disney has announced the full lineup of performers at this year's Disney on Broadway Concert Series as part of the EPCOT International Festival of the Arts:
- Jan. 14, 16, 17, 20 & 21 – Arielle Jacobs ("Aladdin") & Adam Jacobs ("Aladdin")
- Jan. 15, 18, 19, 22 & 23 – Kerry Butler ("Beauty and the Beast") & Telly Leung ("Aladdin")
- Jan. 24, 26, 27, 30, 31 and Feb. 3 & 4 – Heidi Blickenstaff ("Freaky Friday," "The Little Mermaid") & Robert Creighton ("Frozen")
- Jan. 25, 28, 29 and Feb. 1, 2, 5 & 6 – Kara Lindsay ("Newsies") & Dan DeLuca ("Newsies")
- Feb. 7, 9, 10, 13, 14, 17 & 18 – Ashley Brown ("Mary Poppins") & Josh Strickland ("Tarzan")
- Feb. 8, 11, 12, 15, 16, 19 & 20 – Kissy Simmons ("The Lion King") & Michael James Scott ("Aladdin")
- Feb. 21 – Special, extended finale performance featuring Brown, Strickland, Simmons & Scott
5. New holiday lighting coming to Spaceship Earth
Spaceship Earth is getting a special holiday-themed lighting package as part of this year's EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays celebration. Using the Beacons of Magic lighting technology that debuted earlier this year, new holiday patterns will be presented nightly through the end of the holiday season.
6. Kali River Rapids set to reopen from refurbishment December 16, 2021
Kali River Rapids closed November 1 for its annual refurbishment, and it looks like this water ride is still getting a little bit of maintenance done, as it is now scheduled to reopen December 16 according to the Walt Disney World website.
7. SeaWorld Orlando offering special deals for the start of the holiday shopping season
SeaWorld is kicking off its annual Cyber Monday sale early with 30-60% off tickets, annual passes, fun cards, upgrades and more. You can check out all the deals (which are available until November 29) at SeaWorld official website here.
8. Sea Carousel reopens as Sunny Day Carousel
The Sea Carousel at Sesame Street Land was closed for a few days while it was re-themed to fit the surrounding Sesame Street Land. And now this carousel has reopened as the Sunny Day Carousel!