As part of the ongoing layoffs happening now at Walt Disney World, we are learning that the resort's entertainment department is being massively cut, with entire casts and crews laid off from the following shows, entertainment options and attractions:
- Finding Nemo: The Musical
- Festival of the Lion King
- Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
- Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
- Green Army Men (Toy Story Land)
- Citizens of Hollywood (Disney's Hollywood Studios Streetmosphere)
- Hoop Dee Do Musical Revue
- Jedi Training Academy
With this latest round of layoffs we'd imagine it will be a very long time before any of these shows return to Walt Disney World, and some of them may have gone dark indefinitely.
Unfortunately these entertainment layoffs join other high profile entertainment options that were cut at the resort last month, including the Grand Floridian Society Orchestra, Yehaa Bob Jackson, and the Spirit of Aloha show at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort.