This week at Walt Disney World, Disney reaffirms measures to keep guests as safe as possible during the Coronavirus outbreak, the Haunted Mansion reopens after an unexpected closure, plus a new scavenger hunt comes to The Seas With Nemo and Friends!
Programming note: Though we normally devote some time to Orlando-area parks outside Lake Buena Vista, there has been so much going on at Walt Disney World over the past seven days that we decided to forgo the “beyond” for just one week. You’ll hear about all the news from Universal Orlando Resort, Busch Gardens Tampa and SeaWorld Orlando in next week’s update!
1. The Haunted Mansion reopens after unexpected closure
Earlier this week The Haunted Mansion unexpectedly closed after what was reported to be a major technical malfunction. However, as of March 7th, it looks like this attraction has reopened at the Magic Kingdom and is running normally.
2. Mickey and Minnie's Royal Friendship Faire showtimes reduced
Due to ongoing work on the Cinderella Castle in preparation for its golden transformation, performances of Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire will be reduced beginning this week from 5 per day to 3 per day. Showtimes will be at 5:15 PM, 6:30 PM and 7:30 PM.
3. Walt Disney World affirms additional measures due to Coronavirus
The Chief Medical Officer of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products has released a statement detailing some of the measures that Disney is taking to keep guests as safe as possible during the Coronavirus outbreak with health and safety protocols including:
- Training for Cast Members, with ongoing reinforcement on a regular basis
- Defined cycles for frequent cleaning and disinfection of targeted areas
- Easy access to handwashing facilities and hand sanitizers
- Quick response to spills, trash, and other situations
- End of day sanitation procedures for restroom, kitchen, and other facilities
- Frequent cleaning and “wash down” of outdoor locations, including walkways and queues