Walt Disney World has confirmed the schedule for "One More Disney Day", the special promotion that will see the Magic Kingdom remain open for a full 24 hours on February 29, 2012.
The park will remain operate from 6am on February 29 through to 6am on March 1. With large crowds expected to descend upon the Magic Kingdom during the "leap day", Disney will lay on a host of extra entertainment offerings. This will primarily consist of extra performances of the park's daily shows.
The schedule will include:
- Performances of the Main Street Electrical Parade, at 10pm and midnight
- “The Magic, The Memories and You!” shows at 7.45pm, 9pm, 11pm and 5.30am
- The Frontierland Hoedown near Country Bear Jamboree, at 2.45am, 3.30am and 4.30am
- Disney’s Dance the Night Away Party at Cinderella Castle, from 1am – 5.30am
- Character greetings throughout the night, including Phineas and Ferb, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and Mickey and Minnie Mouse.
While most attractions will be open for the full 24 hours of the "One More Disney Day" event, some will operate on a different schedule. This includes:
- Haunted Mansion - closes at 5am.
- It’s A small world - closes at 4am
- Liberty Square Riverboat - operates from 11am to 7pm
- Pirates of the Caribbean - closes at 5am
- Space Mountain - closes at 4am
- Splash Mountain - closes at 4am
- Tom Sawyer Island - open from 10am to 5.30pm
- Walt Disney World Railroad - open from 6 am to 7pm
A number of other attractions at the Magic Kingdom will be closed for several hours to enable maintenance to take place, before reopening:
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin - closed from 1.30am to 4am
- Mad Tea Party - closed from 12am to 3am
- Peter Pan’s Flight - closed from 2am to 4am
- Snow White’s Scary Adventures - closed from 1am to 2.30am
Disney is giving away one vacation package every day during the period leading up to the leap day. Details of how to enter the prize draws can be found at disney.go.com/memories. Entrants must be residents of the USA or Canada (excluding Quebec), and be aged 18 or over.