Theme park fans are anticipating the opening of a fantastic line up of new rides during the 2012 season. Theme Park Tourist has launched a new, FREE e-book - The 10 Most Exciting New Theme Park Attractions Opening in 2012 - which gives full details of the very best experiences there are to look forward to, so this week's Big Debate asks the question: Which new ride are you most excited about in 2012?
The Top ChoicesAmongst the highest-profile new theme park attractions opening in 2012 are:
- Radiator Springs Racers at Disney California Adventure - Surely Lightning McQueen, Mater and the gang will wow the crowds this summer with their high speed chase through Radiator Springs. Belt up and hang on!
- Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom at Six Flags Magic Mountain - This is set to be the world's tallest drop tower. Falling 400 feet and reaching 85 miles an hour is certainly not for any vertigo-sufferers out there.
- Transformers The Ride - 3D at Universal Studios Hollywood - Promises to be one of the most exciting and thrilling dark rides you will ever experience. The Decepticons are bound to loom around each corner so be prepared for some scares.
- The Swarm at Thorpe Park - This B&M Wing Rider coaster is going to be an major addition and is promised to be heavily themed. Slogans such as 'the end is near' and 'war is coming' suggest a dramatic post-apocalyptic theme.
- Verbolten at Busch Gardens Williamsburg - Riders will hurtle into the Black Forest at top speed in this high-tech replacement for the beloved Big Bad Wolf coaster.
Other contenders you may want to consider include: Big Grizzly Mountain Coaster at Hong Kong Disneyland, Leviathan at Canada's Wonderland, Wodan: Timbur Coaster at Europa Park, Manta at SeaWorld San Diego and Mammoth at Holiday World.
Whether you are planning a trip to ride one of the headliner attractions or are just drooling over the pictures and reviews on the web, let us know which new attraction for 2012 you are most looking forward to by voting below.
Which is the most exciting new theme park attraction opening in 2012?
Share your thoughts
Thanks for voting in Theme Park Tourist's Big Debate. Why not let us know why you voted as you did using the comments section below?