LEGOLAND Florida has revealed that it will open a new water park in summer 2012, which will be modelledclosely on the existing LEGOLAND Water Park in California.
The park, which opened to the public on October 15, 2011, has announced its first expansion just six weeks later. The water park will feature a range of attractions including a wave pool, a lazy river, several slides and a water playground.
The main attractions at the LEGOLAND Florida Water Park will be:
- LEGO Wave Pool - a pool where guests can splash around amidst gentle waves that are suitable for all ages.
- Twin Chasers - an intertwining pair of slides in which riders plunge down a 375-feet circuit in inner tubes.
- Splash Out - aimed at older children and adults, these three body slides will send guests skidding down a 60-foot drop.
- Joker Soaker - an interactive playground featuring a number of smaller slides and a 300-gallon bucket that dumps water onto swimmers below.
- Build-a-Raft River - a unique lazy river, in which guests can build their own raft using giant inflatable LEGO bricks before floating around the 1000-feet-long circuit
- DUPLO Splash Safari - a water play area aimed at younger guests, populated with DUPLO models of exotic creatures.
Describing the plans for the LEGOLAND Florida Water Park, General Manager Adrian Jones said: "We're very excited to share plans for this amazing new attraction. True to our mission, the water park attraction has been designed for families with children aged 2 to 12 and will add hours of water play to an already full day and move LEGOLAND Florida into a multi-day experience for vacationers. The additional also adds another great value proposition for our Annual Pass members."
Located on the site of the closed Cypress Gardens theme park, LEGOLAND Florida is home to more than 50 attractions aimed at families with children aged 2-12. The opening of the water park is part of owner Merlin Entertainment Group's long-term plan to turn its Florida park into a multi-day destination.
You can keep up to date with the latest confirmed and rumored opening dates for new attractions through Theme Park Tourist's "New Attraction Watch" section, and by signing up for our weekly newsletter.