Parc Management has released new iPhone applications for its Elitch Gardens and Darien Lake theme parks, allowing guests to access information and maps directly on their device.
The applications are available for free via the Apple iTunes App Store, and allow users to access a range of features including interactive park maps, ride and restaurant details, weather updates and show times. For non-iPhone users, a mobile web version of the application is also available.
The applications feature a wide range of functionality, including:
- Interactive maps - incorporating both illustrated park maps, which are used to show the locations of rides, restaurants and amenities, and GPS maps, which are used to provide directions to and around the park.
- Ride pictures and descriptions - full ride information for both parks.
- Store and restaurant directory - integrated with map functionality.
- Weather updates - real-time weather information.
- Historical information - timelines and other background on the parks.
- Event and concert information - details on live performances.
- Private groups - groups of friends can share password-protected schedules and other information.
- Twitter and Facebook integration - the ability to share content from the app via the popular social networks.
Notably absent from the list is wait-time information for the parks' rides - something which has started to appear in a range of applications for other parks including Disney's paid-for Mobile Magic service for Verizon Wireless subscribers.
The iPhone applications can be downloaded from the iTunes store, either through the App Store icon on the device or via the links below:
- Darien Lake
- Elitch Gardens
The mobile web version of the application can be accessed at https://www.elitchgardens.com/ for Elitch Gardens. It is compatible with most modern smartphone's browsers, including those on Android and Blackberry devices.