Walt Disney World has announced the dates of its Grad Nites events for 2010, when graduating high school students can party late into the night at the Magic Kingdom.
2010's Grad Nites will take place on April 23, 24, 30 and May 1. On those dates, the park will close to regular guests at 7pm, with the Grad Nite events starting at 10pm and running until 4am. The events are private parties accessible only to graduating students from a select list of schools.
Schools can apply to be added to the list through Disney's Grad Nites website. If successful, they will be allocated to a single night, allowing students at those schools to buy tickets for that event. The basic Grad Nite ticket costs $49.95 plus tax, but a range of other tickets are available.
As well as allowing late-night rides on the Magic Kingdom's major attractions, the Grad Nites also feature themed dance parties, live musical performances by major acts and special fireworks shows. This years entertainment includes:
- Tomorrowland Dance Party - a "hi-tech, high-energy dance party" at the Tomorrowland stage.
- Frontierland Dance Party - featuring DJ's spinning current hit songs.
- Fireworks displays - themed around the "Class of 2010".
- Paramore, Keri Hilson, All Time Low and Quest Crew - performing on April 23 and 24.
- Boys Like Girls, Mario, Hey Monday and Beat Freaks - performing on April 30 and May 1.
Students hoping to attend Grad Nites can receive updates via Twitter.