The highly anticipated Rogers: The Musical began performances at Disney California Adventure park on June 30 and this one-act musical which tells the amazing story of Steve Rogers (Captain America) certainly appeared to be impressing Disney fans.
It was always stated that Rogers: The Musical would end on August 31 but many hoped that we would hear news that this date would be extended. However, according to the OC Register this doesn't look to be the case with Disney confirming that performances will end at the Hyperion Theater on August 31 and no extension is currently planned. So, for anyone who wants to get the chance to see this popular musical for themselves, time is running out and we suggest you get to Disneyland California Adventure Park as soon as possible.
People were calling for the musical to be extended in length and Walt Disney World fans hope to see Disney bringing it to Orlando in the future. We have seen snippets of the 30-minute show before but now for those of you who haven't got the chance to see it live at Disney California Adventure Park, here is a full video of Rogers: The Musical posted to YouTube by Mama's Geeky. Sit back, relax and enjoy the show!
Rogers: The Musical began its performances on Friday June 30 and is set to continue in the park until August 31. If you want to see the highlights of what is in store for you rather than the whole show, Disney released the video below to give us an insight into the show and what we can expect to see.
The show has been receiving huge amounts of praise with Game Rant saying," At 30 minutes long, the musical packs a lot of exposition into a relatively short time frame, but it’s packed with all the spectacle and excitement of a true Broadway show. With impeccable choreography, impressive sets, and endearing performances, Rogers: The Musical is another must-see at Disney’s California parks."
NEW: Disneyland has released a first look at Rogers: The Musical, the one-act musical performing at the Hyperion Theater in Disney California Adventure Park Tuesday through Saturday most weeks from June 30 to Aug. 31. pic.twitter.com/MHFSQekhAS— Scott Gustin (@ScottGustin) June 29, 2023
For those of you who are interested in how Rogers: The Musical which debuted at Disney California Adventure Park on June 30, was put together, then Disney has released a video showing a behind the scenes tour of the making of this one-act musical.
There was huge excitement at the end of February from Disney fans when it was announced that a short one-act musical would be coming to Disney California Adventure Park this summer. Disney confirmed in April that Rogers: The Musical will be performed for a limited-time (Tuesday to Saturday nights most weeks) as a short one-act musical on the Hyperion Stage at California Adventure Park beginning June 30.
New details have just been released including the proposed end date for the show which is currently listed as August 31. There will be four shows performed Tuesday to Saturday at the following times; 12:30PM, 2:00PM, 4:00PM and 5:30PM.
Unsurprisingly, when it opens on June 30, the show will have a virtual queue. "Joining the virtual queue is not required to view this theatrical production—but it is highly recommended. Additional viewing for each performance may be available via a standby queue on a first-come, first-served basis, if capacity allows."
Here is the latest information regarding how to join the virtual queue for Rogers: The Musical:
Follow these important guidelines to join the virtual queue and experience this all-new, one-act live theater production that tells the amazing story of Steve Rogers (Captain America) at the Hyperion Theater in Hollywood Land:
- Every day that Rogers: The Musical is performing, distribution for the virtual queue will begin at 10:30 AM Pacific Time for the first 2 showtimes of the day and at 2:00 PM Pacific Time for the remaining afternoon showtimes.
- If a Guest gets into a virtual queue, they will not be able to choose which showtime they would like to have. Instead, they will be automatically given one.
- There is limited capacity for each show. After attempting to join the virtual queue, Guests will be directed to a screen which shows whether or not they are added to the queue.
- Once a Guest joins the virtual queue, they will be called back to the Hyperion Theater when the physical queue is ready to open, approximately 30 to 45 minutes before showtime.
- To access the virtual queue, Guests must have entered Disney California Adventure Park with a one-park ticket or Park Hopper ticket, or Disneyland Park with a Park Hopper ticket.
Disney is also offering a premium viewing package which costs $29 and can be purchased from Studio Catering Co. and gives you the following perks:
- First access to the theater in order to select seats
- Reserved seating in an exclusive lounge area in front of Stage 12, where you can relax before entering the theater
- A Rogers: The Musical souvenir popcorn bucket with red, white and blue kettle corn and your choice of a Coca-Cola® bottled beverage, available upon arrival and before performance time
- Priority access to a photo opportunity, with your photo taken by a Disney PhotoPass photographer
For further information, visit the official website.
D23 Gold Members had the chance to purchase tickets to a special preview event of Rogers: The Musical at Disney California Adventure Park which took place on June 29.
The music is set to include the song, “Save the City,” from the Disney+ series “Hawkeye”; “Star Spangled Man” from the film “Captain America: The First Avenger”; as well as five new original songs written specifically just for “Rogers: The Musical” at the Disneyland Resort. The musical is set to be approximately 30 minutes in length.
Rogers: The Musical at Disney California Adventure Park will be the fictitious musical about the life of Steve Rogers from his beginnings in World War II to becoming Captain America. It first debuted in Hawkeye, the original series on Disney+. To view the scene from Hawkeye, check out the video below.
Walt Disney World fans have made an outcry for Disney to bring Rogers: The Musical to Orlando but so far nothing has been mentioned regarding this.
Will you be making a visit to Disney California Adventure Park to see it this summer? Let us know your thoughts by leaving us a comment below or on our Facebook page.