Universal Studios Hollywood has offered fans of its Halloween Horror Nights the chance to design their very own monster to be featured at the 2013 events.
Entrants will be challenged to design their own take on a Universal Classic Monsters character, with the winning design being brought to life for Halloween Horror Nights 2013. In addition, the winning designer and a guest will be invited along to the opening red carpet event at Universal Studios Hollywood.
The competition's scope is limited, with budding artists being challenged to create a version of one of a selection of Universal Classic Monsters. This includes:
- Dracula/Male Vampire (as inspired by Dracula 1931)
- Dracula’s Bride/Female Vampire (as inspired by Dracula 1931)
- Renfield/Dracula’s Assistant (as inspired by Dracula 1931)
- The Phantom of the Opera (as inspired by The Phantom of the Opera 1925)
- The Mummy (as inspired by The Mummy 1932)
- The Wolfman (as inspired by The Wolfman 1941)
- Werewolf (as inspired by Werewolf of London 1935)
- Ygor/Dr. Frankenstein’s Assistant (as inspired by The Son of Frankenstein 1939)
- Dr. Frankenstein (as inspired by Frankenstein 1931)
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame (as inspired by Hunchback of Notre Dame 1923)
- The Creature from the Black Lagoon (as inspired by The Creature From the Black Lagoon 1954)
- The Invisible Man (as inspired by The Invisible Man 1933)
Those looking to enter the competition can do so in one of two ways:
- Provide an illustration of their character design - including a full-body view of the character and a separate close-up of its face.
- Submit a one-page written description of their character idea - including detailed information about the look of the character's face, skin, color, hair, posture, costume and props.
The finalists in the competition will be selected by a panel of judges, and will see their entries posted to the official Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood Facebook page on July 2, 2013. Online voting will then be used to choose the winner.
Full details and rules for the contest can be found on the Halloween Horror Nights website.