Blackpool Pleasure Beach has released new concept art of Nickelodeon Land, the £10 million new addition that will open at the park in 2011.
Nickelodeon Land will replace the existing Beaver Creek area of the seafront amusement park, and will feature more than 14 rides and shows spread across 6 acres. The artwork shows off a range of attractions that will feature in the new land, each of which is based upon a popular Nickelodeon character or show.
The images were posted to Blackpool Pleasure Beach's Facebook page, and are shown below:
The first piece of artwork shows an overall view of Nickelodeon Land's rides and attractions, which are set to cover a large area of Blackpool Pleasure Beach.
The second image shows The Rugrats' Lost River, a themed flume ride based on a quest with the Rugrats to find the mythical Temple of Spoon.
The next image shows Fairy World Taxi Spin, an "enchanted taxi ride" through the Fairy World.
Avatar Airbender, based on the Nickelodeon cartoon and not the M. Night Shyamalan feature film of the same name, will be set inside a spectacular "mystical air temple Pagoda".
SpongeBob's Splash Bash will be a Mack Twist 'n' Splash ride which combines a spinning "teacup" attraction with a Splash Battle ride that allows guests to fire jets of water at each other.
Nickeledeon Land will feature a total of 9 all-new attractions as well as updated versions of 6 existing rides. The other attractions located in the new area will be:
- Nickelodeon Streak - a rethemed classic wooden coaster (possibly one of the current Zipper Dipper or Rollercoaster attractions).
- Blue Flyer - another rethemed coaster, aimed at younger children (possibly one of the current Zipper Dipper or Rollercoaster attractions).
- Big Circus Bounce - a "bouncy" train ride around the Big Circus.
- Backyardigans Pirate Treasure - a rethemed "Sea Storm"-style flat ride.
- Dora's World Voyage - a themed boat journey with Dora and friends.
- Diego's Rainforest Rescue - unknown flat ride (possibly a rethemed helicopter ride)
- Krusty Krab Order Up - a freefall tower ride.
- Bikini Bottom Bus Tour - a "kiddie" bus ride around the fictional undersea town.
- Boot's Beach Buggies - an on-rails car ride.
The new land at Blackpool Pleasure Beach will be the first Nickeleodeon-themed area in the UK. Construction is set to begin later this year after the busy summer season, with Pleasure Beach targeting an opening date in spring 2011.
You can keep up to date with the latest confirmed and rumored opening dates for new attractions through Theme Park Tourist's "New Attraction Watch" section, and by signing up for our weekly newsletter.