The ultimate guide to the world's theme parks
Today is: Tue 10th December, 2013
Check today's latest news
Theme Park Website Directory
There are literally thousands of theme park websites, ranging from dedicated fansites for individual parks to sprawling news sites covering parks all over the world. We've listed some of the very best below, along with pointers to their Twitter and Facebook pages where applicable.
We're always on the lookout for great new websites, blogs, podcasts and other resources that our readers will find useful or entertaining. If you'd like to see your site listed below, then get in touch! Please note that we'll only add sites that we believe stand out above the crowd.
Theme Park Publications
- Orlando Attractions Magazine (Twitter) (Facebook) - an excellent quarterly magazine covering Walt Disney World, the Universal Orlando Resort and all of the nearby attractions in Florida.
Theme Park News Websites
- Coaster101 (Twitter) (Facebook) - as the name suggests, a leading source of coaster news from all over the world. The site is also packed with updates on every other type of attraction imaginable.
- LA Times Funland Blog (Twitter) - Brady MacDonald's outstanding blog frequently features in-depth photo posts, and is accompanied by a must-follow Twitter feed.
- Screamscape (Twitter) - Lance Hart's legendary news and rumors website, which often reveals the secrets of new attractions long before they are officially revealed.
- Theme Park Syndicate - an aggregator site that collates news stories from the top theme park websites across the web.
- Theme Park Hype (Twitter) - the world's first social bookmarking site dedicated entirely to theme parks! Bookmark and share your favorite stories, and check out what other fans recommend.
- Theme Park Post (Twitter) - a leading source of news and information on the theme park business. Alongside frequently-updated press releases, in-depth features take a look at current industry trends.
- Thrill Network (Twitter) (Facebook) - as well as featuring excellent news coverage and a friendly forum, Thrill Network also offers a very impressive database of ride information and statistics.
Roller coaster / theme park communities
- CoasterForce (Twitter) (Facebook) - a long-standing, hugely popular community of roller coaster and theme park fans. Drop by the forums for friendly discussions, and don't forget to check out the site's amazing YouTube videos.
Theme Park Resources
- Coaster Gallery (Twitter) (Facebook) - an amazing resource featuring more than 3,000 photographs of rollercoasters at theme and amusement parks all over the world.
- Park Scout (Twitter) (Facebook) - an extensive guide to more than 4,000 attractions worldwide, including zoos, holiday parks, water parks and, of course, theme parks.
- The Theme Park Guy (Twitter) (Facebook) - one of the most unique and wonderful theme park sites on the web, documenting Stefan Zwangzger's mission to visit every theme park in the world.
Theme Park Podcasts
- Season Pass Podcast (Twitter) (Facebook) - Doug Barnes and Brent Young host in-depth interviews with the legendary designers behind some of the world's most famous theme park attractions, plus in-park shows and chats with industry insiders. Unmissable.
- Disneyland News Today (Twitter) (Facebook) - an outstanding source of news on Disneyland and Disney California Adventure, which also offers an excellent weekly podcast.
- Disney Report (Twitter) (Facebook) - a brilliant resource for hardcore Disney fans. Disney Reports contantly monitors the top Disney news sites on the web, and offers the latest stories in a concise format.
- Magical Kingdoms (Twitter) (Facebook) - a very comprehensive resource, covering all of Disney's theme park resorts in a stunning level of detail. If you're planning a visit, this is an essential site.
- The Disney Blog (Twitter) (Facebook) - one of the earliest Disney Blogs around, and still one of the very best. As well as frequently uncovering previously unknown news and rumors about Disney parks, John Frost also offers excellent coverage of Disney's entertainment businesses.
- The Disney Directory (Twitter) (Facebook) - an extensive directory listing hundreds of Disney-relayted websites.
- WDW Daily News (Twitter) (Facebook) - a daily source of updates, covering all aspects of the Walt Disney World resort.
- WDWLIVE (Twitter) (Facebook) - missing Walt Disney World? WDWLIVE is the web's leading source of photos and videos that will let you relive the magic of your last visit!
- WDW News Today (Twitter) (Facebook) - as the name suggests, offers daily news updates from the Walt Disney World Resort. The stories are often detailed and packed full of photos, and the site also offers a great magazine which can be downloaded online.
US Theme Park Websites
- BGWFans (Twitter) (Facebook) - dedicated to Busch Gardens Williamsburg, BGWFans features a lively forum, a comprehensive park guide, frequently updated news and an excellent iPhone application. News of upcoming attractions at the park is frequently broken here for the first time.
- The Six Flags Museum - a resource dedicated to the history of Six Flags Over Texas, featuring nearly 900 newspaper articles, over 1300 photographs and 155 videos, along with maps, e-books and essays.
- Theme Park Coupons - features regularly updated listings of discounts coupons for US theme park chains, including Disney, Six Flags, SeaWorld and Universal.
- ThemeParks-US (Twitter) (Facebook) - a companion site to ThemeParks-UK, offering guides to Disney, Universal, SeaWorld and Busch Gardens parks, plus more.
UK Theme Park Websites
- Adventure Island Guide - a great source of news and information for Adventure Island, including a popular forum and extensive galleries of photos snapped during the off-season.
- Airgates (Twitter) (Facebook) - an excellent news site covering British theme parks, with a burgeoning reputation for breaking stories first.
- Completely LEGOLAND Windsor (Twitter) (Facebook) - an excellent fan site devoted to the UK's leading park for families with younger children. In addition to featuring a great guide to the park, can also be relied upon for timely updates on new attractions.
- Island Quest (Facebook) - an excellent site dedicated to the past, present and future of Fantasy Island, including a comprehensive trip planner.
- Ride Rater (Twitter) (Facebook) - once a source of ratings for rides in the UK, Ride Rater has evolved into an excellent source of news on UK theme parks. It often picks up news tidbits that other sites miss.
- Theme Parks of England - packed with reviews of rides up and down the country, Theme Parks of England also features a nostalgia-inducing collection of leaflets from years gone by.
- ThemeParks-UK (Twitter) (Facebook) - a long-running guide to parks including Alton Towers, Thorpe Park, Chessington, LEGOLAND Windsor and Drayton Manor.
- Total Thorpe Park (Twitter) - an excellent, detailed guide to Thorpe Park, featuring up-to-date information and plenty of photos.
- Towers Nerd (Twitter) - A comprehensive guide to Alton Towers, featuring a friendly forum and live coverage of events at the park. The site's YouTube videos of new attractions are frequently the first to appear online.
- UK Rides (Facebook) - an extensive resource packed with photos and videos from UK theme parks (as well as parks in various other regions). Keep an eye out for the latest updates.
- Unofficial Pleasurewood (Twitter) (Facebook) - an excellent guide to Pleasurewood Hills, a family theme park located in East Anglia. The selection of maps and leaflets from past years is well worth a look.
- Valley Mania (Twitter) (Facebook) - the web's most complete guide to Lightwater Valley, featuring details of rides, restaurants and events as well as a lively forum.