In the previous video update posted by Lake Erie Lifestyles on August 4, we can see that more supports for the 420ft rear spike have been delivered to the Breakers Express Storage Lot. In the video we get to see the animation which shows that the old unloading area will become the two storey station with the control booth on top. This looks to feature the colors blue and white which will match the design of the new Zamperla Lightning trains which will be used on Top Thrill 2. This two storey style station is similar to Gate Keeper which is also located at Cedar Point.
The large crane used to install the three base support pillars earlier this week has been moved. We are not sure exactly when the new supports will be put in place but assume it will be in the next few days as has been the case with other deliveries to the Breakers Express Storage lot.
From the official video of Top Thrill Dragster which is embedded below, we got to see that as expected there will be another color added to the white and dark gray color scheme. We see sections of red stripes on the upper section of the top hat and new 420ft rear spike which will highlight the racing theme and pull in the red from the logo. This will certainly add extra vibrancy to Top Thrill 2.
When it was first discovered that white and dark gray appeared to be the two main colors in the new colour scheme, we asked you what you thought. Our first results showed 84% voting that it looked great, this then dropped dramatically to 61% and now at the time of writing has raised slightly to 64% saying "Yes, looks great!" and the remaining 36% saying "No, don't like it!".
Now we have confirmation, that Top Thrill 2 will also have red stripes on the upper section of the top hat we ask you in our new poll, do you like the white, dark gray and red color scheme of Top Thrill 2? We are expecting there to be an overwhelmingly positive response to this poll and will look forward to updating you on this.
These were the supports that arrived at the Breakers Express Storage Lot last week and were then moved to site and have now been put into place in preparation for the confirmed 420ft rear spike which riders will travel up backwards at a speed of 101mph before being launched up the top hat at the top speed of 120mph.
We will continue to update you on all the construction developments on site for Top Thrill 2 at Cedar Point over the coming weeks and months as we head towards the opening date in 2024. We would love to hear your thoughts on the official announcement by leaving a comment below or on our Facebook page.