TRON Lightcycle / Run has seemed for most Disney fans as the endless project that we just haven't been able to get our hands on. Well, as everyone knows, TRON Lightcycle / Run at Magic Kingdom will finally make its official opening on April 4.
Details have been shared regarding the new unique retail experience which gives guests the opportunity to customize their own TRON-inspired action figure at the Grid Digitization Portal which will be located in the newly named, Tomorrowland Launch Depot. The price has now been revealed as $89.99 and reservations can be made for bookings beginning April 4, through the official website.
The process includes:
- Image capture - your facial features will be scanned
- Helmet and body configuration
- Enforcer or Combatant?
- Scout or Heavy Sentry?
- Team color?
- Record 6 lines of dialogue in your own voice at the Command Input
The experience will take approximately 20 minutes and your completed action figure will be ready to pick up in 60 minutes. Reservations can be made for this experience beginning March 21 for arrivals starting April 4.
Here are the important details listed on the Disney website regarding this experience:
- Payment will be due upon arrival at the location
- One action figure per User per experience
- Packaging included
- Additional customizable items can be purchased at Tomorrowland Launch Depot
- Recommended age is 5 years and older
- The experience area is limited to the User and one Guest—at least one person in the party must be age 14 or older
- Guest of the User may not customize their figure when accompanying the builder
- Customizable action figures are nonrefundable and are not eligible for Annual Passholder (or other) discounts
- This experience is separate from TRON Lightcycle / Run. The purchase of a TRON Identity Program does not include admission or priority access to the TRON Lightcycle / Run attraction.
Now this will surely be a dream come true for any TRON fan? Well, is it just that or is this just a step too far and a ridiculous idea created by Disney to extract yet more cash from parents? It will be very interesting to see how popular this retail experience proves to be and whether it will be at a price point which is obtainable to all or another offering which is only affordable for the extremely wealthy. At $89.99 that is a pretty expensive action figure but it is the 20-minute process of creating your very own action figure and the unique end product which will surely sell it to TRON fans.
There will be some fans that will have to do this whatever the price point but we are interested to gauge your thoughts on this new retail experience coming when TRON Lightcycle / Run officially opens on April 4.
Perfect Momento Or Just Ridiculous? Would you want to customize your own TRON action figure? Let us know what you think by voting in our poll or by leaving us a comment below or on our Facebook page.
Add new comment