Excitement has been building for the start of the Disney100 celebration which officially kicks off today, (January 27) at Disneyland Resort. The event brings with it two night-time spectaculars, World of Color - ONE at Disney California Adventure and Wondrous Journeys Spectacular at Disneyland Park as well as the highly anticipated Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway.
This week, Disney has released another new video of the upcoming night-time spectacular, World Of Color - ONE which officially debuts today at California Adventure Park.
NEW: Disneyland has released brand new video of World of Color — ONE. The show officially debuts on Jan. 27 at Disney California Adventure Park. pic.twitter.com/g4KFT0ke0c— Scott Gustin (@ScottGustin) January 25, 2023
Disney also released the video below a couple of weeks ago. The video shows the powerful story "which celebrates how a single action, like a drop of water, creates a ripple that can grow into a wave of change." Just as how a single man, Walt Disney started the company that has been inspiring people all around the world for 100 years.
The 24 minute, World of Color – ONE celebrates the rich storytelling legacy begun by Walt Disney a century ago, bringing to life spectacular moments from your favorite Disney films including The Lion King, Soul, Moana, Pocahontas, Encanto, Mulan, Star Wars and many more. World Of Color - ONE features the much loved courageous and inspiring characters from Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, the Avengers, and Star Wars and will represent the first time that Disney has done this in one production.
At the beginning of January, Disney released this short video showcasing parts of the upcoming World of Color - ONE at Disney California Adventure.
Disneyland released a short video of ‘World of Color – One’ last night. The clip includes Pocahontas, Encanto, Mulan, Star Wars, Moana, and more.— Scott Gustin (@ScottGustin) January 2, 2023
The show will officially debut at Disney California Adventure Park on Jan. 27. pic.twitter.com/qFLeQGGh3G
World Of Color - ONE will include the original song written for the spectacular, "Start a Wave" by Cody Fry and is sung by singer-songwriter and actress Loren Allred.
The show will include mist screens which will bring the story to life and 1,200 dancing fountains as well as fog, flame, projection and laser effects. Those Disney fans who have purchased a MagicBand+ will also be able to enjoy synchronized dancing vibrations and lights during the show.
According to the Disney Parks Blog, this is how guests will be able to access World Of Color - ONE when it debuts on January 27 at California Adventure Park:
- You will be able to access viewing areas for the show through a virtual queue system available only via the Disneyland app.
- Distribution for the complimentary virtual queue will begin at noon, daily (subject to availability), and is available for guests who have entered Disney California Adventure park for the day or have entered Disneyland park with a Park Hopper ticket.
- On nights when there are multiple showtimes, distribution for additional showtimes will begin immediately after distribution for the first showtime has ended.
- If you have obtained a virtual queue selection, enter your designated viewing area for your designated show time via one of the two marked entrance points (Blue or Yellow) approximately 30-45 minutes before the show begins.
- If the virtual queue reaches capacity, check in with a cast member at the Paradise Bay viewing area shortly before “World of Color – ONE” begins for walk-up viewing options.
- Joining the virtual queue is not required, but it is highly recommended as walk-up viewing options for each performance are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- World Of Color - ONE can also be assessed by presenting a valid voucher from a World of Color - ONE dining package or Dessert Party.
Disney fans certainly seem to be in for a treat with this new nighttime spectacular to celebrate 100 years of Disney. We also recently got a behind-the-scenes look at the nighttime spectacular coming to Disneyland Park, Wondrous Journeys. Wondrous Journeys at Disneyland Park will celebrate 100 years of the Walt Disney Animation Studios and includes reference to 60 films released by Disney.
As part of the Disney100 celebrations, Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty Castle will be donned in a special Disney100 overlay for the celebrations and Mickey's Toontown will reopen on March 8. We also have confirmation that The Magic Happens Parade at Disneyland Park will begin entertaining guests from February 24, 2023.
Let us know what you are most excited about seeing in the upcoming Disney100 celebration at Disneyland Resort by leaving us a comment below or on our Facebook page.
Add new comment