UPDATE September 6 - The only thing that Disney fans are talking about at the moment is the upcoming D23 Expo which kicks off on Friday September 9 and runs through Sunday September 11. The floor plan was released last week and you can take a look at in the tweet from Scott Gustin below.
We will be bringing you all the news from the D23 Expo in Anaheim on our news and Facebook page.
August 31 - The full schedule for the upcoming D23 Expo was released a couple of years and now the celebrities attending the Disney Branded Television Panel at the event have been announced:
JUST ANNOUNCED: @Lilly Singh, @ravensymone, @ofcTimAllen, @BrieLarson, Michelle Yeoh, Laurence Fishburne, Catherine Zeta-Jones and more to attend Disney Branded Television Panel at #D23Expo: https://t.co/mWcwiYSCm2 pic.twitter.com/178bSjZJgS— Disney D23 (@DisneyD23) August 31, 2022
We also know that D23 will be live streamed on twitter so those Disney fans who haven't managed to get a ticket to the event can keep up to date throughout the three days.
Stream #D23Expo LIVE right here on Twitter on September 9, 10, and 11 to catch can't-miss panels like:— Disney D23 (@DisneyD23) August 30, 2022
✨Disney & Marvel GAMES SHOWCASE
✨D23 Expo Mousequerade 2022
✨A Boundless Future: Disney Parks, Experiences and Products
✨And more: https://t.co/LnYwsYFDIR pic.twitter.com/0gtuKiEWCn
UPDATE August 10 - The upcoming D23 Expo is now only a month away. The full schedule for the three days has now been released meaning you can now see everything that is planned to take place on all the stages. Here are some of the highlights:
- Saturday September 10, Premiere Stage 3:30PM - 4:30PM: A Celebration of Disney Animation’s Encanto where the team behind Encanto divulge stories from the making of the film and we are promised "a few surprises!".
- Saturday September 10, Walt Disney Archives Stage 10:00AM - 11:00AM A Peek Behind the Curtain at Walt Disney Imagineering’s Illusions and Special Effects Development Lab
- Saturday September 10, Backlot Stage 4:00PM - 5:00PM Dreaming, Designing and Bringing to Life the Disney Wish
- Sunday September 11, Hall D23 10:30AM - 12:00PM A Boundless Future: Disney Parks, Experiences and Products "Join Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D'Amaro for a look at Disney's boundless future. With announcements and updates on the magic happening around the world in parks, on the high seas, at home, and beyond, attendees will get a behind-the-scenes look at the big dreams of Disney Imagineers. Every Disney fan will want to be a part of this special presentation full of exciting news and surprises."
We are very excited about the upcoming D23 Expo, we will be covering all the announcements from this event on our news and Facebook page here at Theme Park Tourist. What are you expecting Disney to announce? Let us know by leaving us a comment below or on our Facebook page.
July 29 - D23 Expo 2022 is now just over a month away and Disney Parks, Experiences and Products has just released plans for the event which is taking place in Anaheim September 9 - 11, 2022. Unfortunately, if you were hoping to go and haven't already got your ticket then you will be out of luck as D23 Expo Is Already Completely SOLD OUT.
So, here is everything that is in store for Disney fans during D23 Expo 2022.
The Wonderful World of Dreams pavilion will showcase everything new the Disney imagineers are bringing to life around the world including:
- Behind-the-scenes glimpses of Tiana's Bayou Adventure
- EPCOT Transformation
- Frozen-themed experiences
- Disney Cruise Line
The key part of the D23 Expo will be when Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro presents A Boundless Future: Disney Parks, Experiences and Products on September 11 at 10:30AM where we will hear news on all the latest anticipated projects coming to Disney parks in the coming months and years.
Disney fans will get to experience a range of special panel presentations covering the making of Disney Wish, illusions and special effects in the parks as well as a whole range of limited-edition merchandise from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel.
Here is the line up:
Friday, Sept. 10 10:30AM – Inside Look at the Society of Explorers and Adventurers at Backlot Stage
Saturday, Sept. 10 10:00AM – A Peek Behind the Curtain at the Walt Disney Imagineering Illusions and Special Effects Development Lab at Walt Disney Archives Stage
12:00PM – Uncovering Treasures from the Marty Sklar Collection at the Walt Disney Archives Stage.
4:00PM – Dreaming, Designing and Bringing to Life the Disney Wish at Backlot Stage
Sunday, Sept. 11 1:00PM – Walt Disney Imagineering: 70 Years of Making the Impossible, Possible at Premiere Stage
4:00PM – Disney Parks Through the Decades: A Disney Ambassador Perspective at Walt Disney Archives Stage
4:15PM – The World of Duffy & Friends Revealed at Hyperion Stage
Disney fans at the D23 Expo will also have the opportunity create their own individual and personal new DisneyMe avatar in the Play Disney Parks app and join a quest during the Expo.
We will keep you up to date on all the latest news from the D23 Expo on our news and Facebook page here at Theme Park Tourist.