MagicBand+ has certainly been in the news recently, especially since Disney made a big mistake and put them on sale in the World of Disney at Disney Springs on May 1 before they should have. This meant they had to pull those that remained from the shelf later that day and offered those who had bought one (or two, or three) full refunds as the full functionality isn't live just yet.
Since then we have been given more and more details of what we can expect from this new interactive wearable. Currently we know these are the interactive elements guests can expect to get if purchasing MagicBand+ when they are officially released this summer:
- Play like a bounty hunter in a galaxy far, far away and find virtual bounties throughout Black Spire Outpost in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Interact with the “Disney Fab 50 Character Collection,” the golden sculptures spread throughout the Walt Disney World theme parks.
- Experience nighttime spectaculars in a new way as you see your band light up and complement the magic in the skies, including “Harmonious” at EPCOT and “Disney Enchantment” at Magic Kingdom.
- MagicBand+ will sync with the nightly light display on Spaceship Earth at EPCOT
- MagicBand+ will also have all the same functions of the existing MagicBand so guests can use it to gain admission to the theme parks, unlock their hotel door, link PhotoPass photos to My Disney Experience account, and can pay for food and merchandise.
MagicBand+ will officially be released this summer and although the price for the MagicBand+ hasn't yet been confirmed we are expecting a price of around $29.99 for the standard MagicBand+ as this was the price they went on sale for on May 1.
So, this leads us to our new Big Debate, with everything we now know, Will You Be Purchasing A MagicBand+?
The choices couldn't be simpler:
CLICK HERE to vote and don't forget to share this with your friends and family. Let us know your thoughts on MagicBand+ by leaving us a comment below or on our Facebook page. We will share the results with you soon on Theme Park Tourist. Happy voting!