This week at Walt Disney World, the EPCOT Festival of the Arts kicks off with new lighting for Spaceship Earth and a 6-hour line for merchandise, more restaurant reopenings are announced, and a special discount ticket offer is announced!
Outside Walt Disney World, SeaWorld and Busch Gardens Tampa Bay bring back free beer for a very limited time and Universal Orlando Resort announces its 2022 Mardi Gras concert lineup!
1. Guests wait HOURS for Figment popcorn bucket at EPCOT Festival of the Arts opener
The opening of the EPCOT International Festival of the Arts was this week, and it seems nothing got guests more excited than the release of the new Figment Popcorn bucket celebrating the opening of the festival. Guests waited hours in line for the new piece of merchandise, with many taking home several of the much sought-after item, which retails for $25.
2. Spaceship Earth gets rainbow lighting for 2022 EPCOT Festival of the arts
As part of the EPCOT International Festival of the Arts guests can now see rainbow lights dancing across Spaceship Earth to the tune of The Rainbow Connection by The Muppets. This special lighting can be seen every night from now through the end of the festival.
3.Trio of resort restaurants set to reopen
As Disney continues to reopen some of its resort table service restaurants, a trio of fan favorites have now been confirmed to be reopening on the following dates:
- Flying Fish at Disney's BoardWalk Resort will reopen on January 27
- Jiko at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge reopens February 17
- Turf Club at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort reopens February 3