As of Wednesday November 17, fully vaccinated Universal Orlando Resort Team Members are no longer required to wear a face mask at any time whilst on property.
The last update to the Universal Orlando Team Member mask policy was on September 15 when fully vaccinated team members who had completed the necessary Vaccination Attestation were not required to wear face masks apart from when indoors on stage.
Universal Orlando Resort has now updated their COVID-19 mask policy stating that Team Members who are fully vaccinated:
- Are not required to wear a facial covering, whether onstage, backstage, indoors, or outdoors
- They may continue to wear a facial covering in any situation if that is their preference
This surely comes as good news for all those Team Members that are fully vaccinated and have been waiting a long time to be able to go mask free while on property.
Universal Orlando Resort's guidelines for Team Members who are not fully vaccinated:
- Are required to wear a facial covering at all times while on property, whether working inside or outside, onstage or backstage
- Includes pathways, breakrooms, conference rooms, cubicles, company vehicles, carts, shuttles, etc.
- Includes when working outside the service complex on/near roadways
- Are required to practice social distancing whenever possible
- Facial covering may be removed when alone in a private office as well as briefly only during active eating and drinking
- Team Members who have not completed their Vaccination Attestation requirement are considered unvaccinated
These updated guidelines confirm that team members that are not fully vaccinated will have to continue to wear a mask at all times apart from when actively eating and drinking or when alone in a private office. It clearly states that those that have not declared they have been vaccinated by completing the Vaccination Attestation are deemed unvaccinated and will have to continue to wear a mask whilst on property.
For full details on all safety reminders that Universal Orlando Team Members are required to follow, click here. Mask guidelines for guests have not be changed and remain on Universal Orlando Resort's official website as, "We encourage all guests – regardless of vaccination status – to wear face coverings while indoors." Let us know if you agree with these mask policy changes for fully vaccinated Team Members by leaving us a comment below or on our Facebook page.