If you have visited Universal Orlando Resort since Wednesday, September 15, you may have noticed that a number of the Team Members are no longer wearing masks. This is due to the new guidelines issued by Universal Orlando Resort for those Team Members that are fully vaccinated.
Team members that are fully vaccinated and have registered their COVID-19 vaccination status through AskHR:
- Are not required to wear a facial covering when in backstage indoor or outdoor areas
- Are not required to wear a facial covering outdoors while onstage
- Are required to wear a facial covering indoors while onstage
- May continue to wear a facial covering in any situation if that is their preference
Those Team Members that aren't fully vaccinated or have not attested to their COVID-19 vaccination status and are therefore deemed "unvaccinated" by Universal Orlando:
- Are required to wear a facial covering at all times while on property, whether working inside or outside, onstage or backstage (includes pathways, breakrooms, conference rooms, cubicles, company vehicles, carts, shuttles, etc and when working outside the service complex on/near roadways).
- Are required to practice social distancing whenever possible
- Facial covering may be removed when alone in a private office as well as briefly only during active eating and drinking
So, in summary it looks like those Team Members that are now fully vaccinated and have attested to it to HR can finally say goodbye to their face covering for most of their working day, only needing it if their role includes being on stage indoors. For those that haven't chosen to be vaccinated or won't disclose it to HR they are still required to wear a face-covering everywhere and can only be relieved in a private office or when actively eating or drinking.
For full details on all safety reminders that Universal Orlando Team Members are required to follow, click here. Mask guidelines for guests have not be changed and remain on Universal Orlando Resort's official website as "Face coverings are encouraged for all guests while indoors and are optional while outdoors." Let us know if you agree with these mask policy changes for fully vaccinated Team Members by leaving us a comment below or on our Facebook page.