This week at Walt Disney World, there is a LOT of refurbishment news, the 50th anniversary transformation of Cinderella Caste is completed, plus more golden characters are confirmed to be appearing soon around the theme parks!
Outside Walt Disney World, SeaWorld Orlando announces new details about its Howl-O-Scream event and Universal Orlando Resort's newest attraction hits an epic milestone!
1. 50th anniversary crest installed at Cinderella Castle
Though the Magic Kingdom's iconic Cinderella Castle has been slowly transforming over the past few months into its new 50th anniversary look, the change was finally completed this week with the installation of the 50th anniversary crest ahead of the official start of this milestone celebration on October 1.
2. Hall of Presidents reopening next month
For the past few months, the Hall of Presidents attraction at the Magic Kingdom has been closed while Imagineers work to add President Joe Biden to the stage as the 46th President of the United States. And now it looks like their work is almost complete, as Disney has confirmed that this classic Liberty Square attraction will reopen next month in advance of the resort's 50th anniversary. You can read more details about this reopening here.
3. Return dates set for select shows at Magic Kingdom, EPCOT and Disney's Hollywood Studios
Walt Disney World entertainment has been a little lacking since the theme parks reopened in 2020, but the good news is that Disney has finally announced reopening dates next month for some of its most-beloved shows, including the following:
- August 1: Wonderful World of Animation nighttime spectacular at Disney's Hollywood Studios
- August 8: Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor at Magic Kingdom
- August 15: Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage at Disney's Hollywood Studios
- August 21:Turtle Talk with Crush at EPCOT