No one is doubting that this year has been a huge struggle for all theme parks across the world. Theme parks in California have unfortunately had it even harder with no full reopenings having been possible since closures back in March.
With the recent confirmation that Disneyland Resort Theme Parks Will Not Open At Least Until 2021, theme parks in California have had to get creative this festive period offering what they can for guests that want to visit at a time when the rides can't open.
SeaWorld San Diego has kicked off its Christmas celebration which will run until January 4, 2021. Guests will be able to enjoy a variety of seasonal food and drinks whilst exploring the animals in the park and watching a number of presentations.
There is certainly lots on offer for guests to enjoy including:
- Sea Otter, Flamingos, Sea Lions, Turtles and Bat Rays to visit.
- Meet Santa
- Dolphin, Orca and Sea Lion presentation with added festive flair (see park schedule for timings)
- New Santa Presents: Christmas Animals Around the World show - see park schedule for timings
- New Rudolph's Movie Experience - shown on SeaWorld’s spectacular 150-foot outdoor screen and with a live appearance by Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (see park schedule for timings)
- New Christmas Treasure Hunt - purchase map and collect all stickers to get your prize.
- Sesame Street Christmas Village - photo opportunities with Sesame Street characters (see park schedule for timings)
If that wasn't enough, SeaWorld San Diego is also offering a New Stocking Stuffer Trail on Saturdays and Sundays to guests aged 12 and younger. Cookies and photos with Santa are available as well as photos with Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and Friends.
To put you in a true festive mood, visit the 25ft-themed Christmas tree and walk through a music activated tunnel of light which includes over 5,000 colorful lights. You can also purchase seasonal gifts from the Holly Jolly Marketplace.
There will also be a festival of lights to celebrate Hanukkah from December 10 through December 18, 2020 and Kwanzaa festivities on select dates from December 26 through January 1 where the lighting of the kinara will be done each night.
To see latest ticket deals and to book visit the official site. Let us know what you think about this Christmas celebration by leaving us a comment below or on our Facebook page.