This week at Walt Disney World, Disney removes a long-running entertainment option, after hours testing gets underway at Epcot, plus more characters come to Disney's Hollywood Studios
Outside Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando Resort officially extends both its Halloween entertainment and special discounts and perks just for annual passholders!
1. Frozen Sing-a-Long and Disney Junior show at Disney's Hollywood Studios return October 5
Though the vast majority of shows at Walt Disney World remain dark, it has been announced that For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration will be reopening at Disney's Hollywood Studios in just a few days on October 5, 2020. When it reopens it will the same incredible show guests have loved for the past six years, with some adjustments to staging and audience seating to allow for appropriate physical distancing.
In addition, the Disney Junior Play & Dance! show in the Animation Courtyard will also be returning. Each party performance throughout the day features a dynamic DJ spinning favorite songs from Disney Junior TV shows, plus special onstage appearances by Disney Junior stars such as Mickey Mouse, Vampirina and more.
2. New character cavalcades announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios
One of the more popular limited-time offerings at the Magic Kingdom since reopening has been the mini character cavalcades that allow guests to see their favorite characters from a distance. And now it looks like Disney's Hollywood Studios will be getting some of these special cavalcades, including the following:
- Mickey and Friends Motorcade highlights Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto and their friends Chip ‘n’ Dale, accompanied by a bouncy musical score inspired by Disney cartoon shorts.
- The Pixar Pals Motorcade takes the Incredibles, Woody, Buzz Lightyear and others down the avenue, waving to their fans to the beat of the Green Army Drum Corps.
- The Disney Junior Stars Motorcade brings favorite TV friends Fancy Nancy, Doc McStuffins and Vampirina to Hollywood Boulevard.
These unscheduled cavalcades will be unscheduled and happen intermittently throughout the day
3. Grand Floridian Society Orchestra to end 32-year run next week
The Grand Floridian Society Orchestra, which has been a part of The Grand Floridian Resort and Spa for over three decades has officially had their three-decade run come to an end at Disney with the band confirming that their contracts have not been renewed by Disney, which means their last day of work will be Saturday, October 3. You can read more about this development here.