When a lot of parks across the US are slimming their park hours and events offerings as well as their operating schedules due to lower guest levels than originally expected. SeaWorld San Antonio has announced this week that they are extending the operating hours of their Aquatica Water Park due to the demand.
SeaWorld San Antonio is located in Texas, which is one reason it may be seeing higher numbers of guests wanting to visit than those situated in Florida. Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa are being hindered severely by the current number of reported cases of COVID-19 in the area. Our recent poll showed that 55% of voters thought this was the main reason for low attendance other than the obvious, which is the enforced limited capacity. Aquatica is also a water park which are particularly popular during the summer months.
It is positive news for SeaWorld San Antonio that they are having to take steps to extend their hours and days of operation. Let's find out what they are currently offering...
SeaWorld San Antonio
It clearly states on their calendar that it is updated periodically so these are subject to change. Here are the latest dates and opening times:
- From August 10 - 23 the park is open on a Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 10am - 5pm. The 'A Taste of Seven Seas' event is taking place 11am - 4pm. It is open on a Saturday and Sunday 10am - 7pm with the 'A Taste of Seven Seas' event taking place 11am - 6pm.
- From August 24 - September 3 the park will be closed on weekdays and will open on Saturday and Sundays 10am - 5pm. The 'A Taste of Seven Seas' event will take place 11am - 4pm.
- On Friday 4 - Monday 7 the park will be open 10am - 5pm and The 'Bier Fest' will be running throughout the opening hours.
- From Friday Sepember 11 the park will be open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays 10am - 5pm and will continue to host 'The Bier Fest' for the rest of September.
- During October the park will continue to open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 10am - 5pm and the park will be hosting their 'Spooktacular' event which runs for the whole of the opening day.
To check the official calendar, click here. To book tickets, see the latest special offers and to make necessary reservations visit their official site. We will keep you up to date with any other announcements from SeaWorld San Antonio.
SeaWorld San Antonio announced that due to high demand they would extend the hours for August with the park now open everyday, except Tuesdays 10am - 5pm.
As of August 24, the calendar currently shows that the park will be closed weekdays and will open Saturdays and Sundays 10am - 5pm through September and October with the last operating day being October 18.
The park will also be open on Monday September 7 between the hours of 10am and 5pm.
For all the latest news from SeaWorld, Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens and all other theme parks in the US and around the World, by checking out our News Page and Facebook Page.