This week at Walt Disney World, Disney tightens restrictions on masks and temperature screenings as cuts are made to resort reopenings.
Outside Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando Resort cuts hours and attractions while offering a new offer that allows guests to purchase one day and get most of the rest of 2020 free.
1. Disney Junior show at Disney's Hollywood Studios resumes with new name and non-equity actors
Though most shows at Walt Disney World remain dark due to the ongoing dispute between Disney and the Actors' Union, Disney has debuted a modified version of the "Disney Junior Dance Party!" that debuted in late 2018, named "Disney Junior Play and Dance!". Like its predecessor, features a DJ host spinning favorite songs from Disney Junior TV shows, with onstage appearances by Disney Junior characters including Mickey Mouse, Vampirina, Fancy Nancy and Doc McStuffins.
2. Construction resumes on several Walt Disney World projects
Construction has resumed as of this week on several Walt Disney World projects, including Remy's Ratatouille Adventure, Harmonius and Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind. Though we're expecting that these projects will be delayed a year or more from their projected opening dates, it is great to hear that work is resuming on these much anticipated projects.
3. Disney delays/cancels hotel openings
Disney has announced changes to the following hotel reopenings, planned for later this year.
- The Polynesian Village Resort, which was originally scheduled to reopen on August 12 will now reopen on October 4
- The Art of Animation Resort, which was also originally scheduled to reopen on August 12, will reopen on November 1
- Disney's Beach Club Resort which was supposed to reopen on August 24, will remain closed until further notice
- Disney's BoardWalk Inn, which was supposed to reopen on October 1, will also remain closed until further notice