Cedar Fair announced in a news release on May 28, that they are expanding its suite of Mobile Apps to "Promote a Healthy, Smart and Fun Filled Guest Experience When Parks Reopen".
Mobile Apps have been the norm at theme parks for many years and in a time when COVID-19 is present, it will be even more imperative to use mobile technology to help ensure safety guidelines are adhered to properly and to enhance the guest experience.
Cedar Fair operates a number of theme parks across the US including California Great America, Carowinds, Cedar Point, Dorney Park, Kings Dominion, Kings Island, Knott's Berry Farm, Michigan's Adventure, Valleyfair, Worlds of Fun & Oceans of Fun as well as Canadas Wonderland in Toronto, Canada.
The technology enhancements will include all areas of planning and preparing for the day, right through to experiencing the day as well as leaving the park. The statement clearly states that the changes to the mobile app are being put into place in order to ensure that each park will be compliant with local state government safety guidelines.
Below is a summary of the main aspects of this new technology that can be expected when visiting any Cedar Fair park when they are able to reopen their gates:
Planning and Preparation
- Guests can reserve date specific tickets online through the mobile app, they will then be given a time-bound entry voucher which can be seen when they are logged in.
- Season ticket holders will have to process their pass through the website or mobile app, rather then visiting the park pass processing center.
- All park guidelines will appear on the Park Mobile Apps to prepare guests fully for what to expect when visiting the park.
Arrival and entry
- Guest's reservation will be confirmed and ticket/season pass scanned upon arrival.
- All guests must complete an initial health check, you can complete most parts of the health questionnaire online prior to the visit.
- The mobile app will give guests all guidelines and procedures that need to be followed throughout their visit.
- The mobile app will provide real time alerts regarding capacity constraints that could impact your visit.