It is an unprecedented time for theme parks around the world, and while we don't really know when it may be safe to go back to the theme parks again, in the meantime several theme park operators, including Disney, SeaWorld and LEGOLAND are offering guests missing their theme park fix some freebies to help get them through this tough time.
1. Disney offers new My Disney Experience content for guests
Right now My Disney Experience can't really be used for much, as Disney parks are not accepting reservations for any restaurants, resorts, or anything else from now until June 1, 2020. However, guests who log in to this app can find some new fun, including the following:
- Disney Parks Artist Studio: guests who tap this new section of the app (which is currently featured on the front page dashboard) where you can learn how to draw a number of favorite Disney characters. Currently, the first (and only) character available is Mickey Mouse, but more character drawing tutorials will be added in the near future.
- Disney Magic Moments in History: Quick, bite-site history and trivia videos about specific Disney attractions.
- Mickey & Minnie’s Trivia Time – Mouse Rules Apply!: A new trivia game in the Play Disney Parks app to celebrate the openings of Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway attraction and “Vacation Fun” at Mickey Shorts Theater in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Disney Parks Trivia: Available from the home screen, guests can play through different trivia games themed to different Disney parks
In addition to these parks-specific freebies, Disney is also offering Marvel fans access to Marvel Unlimited, Marvel’s digital comics subscription service, with stories featuring the Avengers, Spider-Man, Black Widow, Captain America, Captain Marvel, and more available to download. For younger Disney fans, Disney is also offering a free download of Conceal, Don’t Feel: A Twisted Tale through today via Apple Books, Google Play, Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Kobo.