This week at Walt Disney World, tickets go on sale for a popular summer upcharge experience, three new attractions open at Epcot, plus the Guest Experience team finally moves in to Epcot!
Outside Walt Disney World, ICON park gets a new attraction and Universal Orlando Resort teases a big announcement!
1. Epcot International Festival of the Arts kicks off with three new attraction openings!
Epcot kicked off the 2020 edition of its Festival of the Arts this week, and in addition to all the artful eats, fun activities, and Disney on Broadway performances, the following attractions were also opened in celebration of this annual event:
- Awesome Planet: An on-screen exploration of the realm we call home, this film at the Land pavilion showcases the spectacular beauty, diversity and dynamic story of our earth with all the grandeur guests have come to expect.
- Canada Far and Wide: Using all new seamless digital technology, the new 360 movie, named Canada: Far and Wide, will include new scenes, story and music.
- Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along: Created by Don Hahn, producer of the animated and live-action “Beauty and the Beast” film, this new film includes highlights from the animated movie with a fun, musical twist!
2. Guest Experience Team coming to Epcot
Now that the Guest Experience Team has been permanently installed at the Magic Kingdom, Disney's Animal Kingdom and Disney's Hollywood Studios Disney is now expanding this amenity to its final park: Epcot. Beginning this week the Guest Experience Team will be on hand inside Epcot help Guests make the most of their day by proactively assisting them while in the park with:
- Booking, modifying, and recovering FastPass+ selections
- Navigating the My Disney Experience app
- Deactivating and reactivating MagicBands
And, just as Cast Members throughout the park already do, the Guest Experience Team will also provide recommendations, help Guests view attraction wait times, and also help guests navigate the park.