Conventional wisdom in the past has been that the best time to visit Walt Disney World is the "slow" season, which are typically the weeks in between the end of the holiday season (the first week of January) and the start of Spring Break (in early March). However, it looks like guest levels are staying high (perhaps due to Disney's heavy discounting, or the popularity of the Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance attraction), and as a result Disney has made some interesting changes around Walt Disney World's theme parks.
1. Hours extended at the Magic Kingdom in February
Beginning next month Walt Disney World's flagship park will be open a little bit later in the evenings with closures on almost every night moving an hour (or more) later. Here's the full schedule:
- February 2, 3, 7, 8, 9, 10, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 26, 27: Park close is now at 9:00 PM from 8:00 PM closing
- February 14, 16, 22, 28, 29: Park close is now at 10:00 PM two hours from the original 8:00 PM closing
- February 15: Park close is now at 11:00 PM, three hours later from the original 8:00 PM closing
2. Extra showings of Rivers of Light: We are One added to Disney's Animal Kingdom in February
Also, beginning next month Disney's Animal Kingdom will be performing two evening showings for Rivers of Light: We Are One. Beginning on February 2 and running through the 8th, these shows will be at 6:45 PM and 8:00 PM. And then on February 9th and running through the end of the month, these showings will be a little later at 7:00 PM and 8:15 PM.