Though it may not initially seem like it, Disney parks have truly come into their own in recent years as a real food lover’s paradise. If you count yourself as one of the many who love eating their way around the Disney parks and resorts, there are some big changes taking effect right now you should know about.
For October's dining update, Disney's Animal Kingdom brings back a holiday dining offering that pays you to eat at the park, free dining is announced for 2020, plus seasonal offerings are now available at Disney Springs!
1. Disney's Animal Kingdom brings back free dining gift card offer
Last year Disney announced the Disney's Animal Kingdom Tasting Sampler, which was a special limited-time promotion that allowed guests to try food and beverages around the park, while also reserving a seat for Rivers of Light as well and even get some free money back. And now Disney is bringing back this promotion for 2019, and with even MORE free money.
This year's promotion costs $50 and includes two digital value cards: one $50 card that can be used at over 40 outdoor food and beverage locations throughout the park, and a bonus $10 card that can be used at quick-service restaurants in the park after 4pm.Though this package is more expensive than last yer's deal (which was $35), the free money has doubled (last year's "bonus" card was only $5).
In addition to the free money for dining, guests who book this deal will receive two reserved seats for the second showing of Rivers of Light: We are One, which must be redeemed between December 22, 2019 and January 4, 2020.
Like last year, this experience will only be available during the holiday season from December 22, 2019 through January 4, 2020
Guests can book the Disney's Animal Kingdom Tasting Sampler experience online here.
2. Seasonal dining options now available at Disney Springs
Fall is in full swing at Disney Springs, with the following new items now available at the shopping district for a limited time:
- Oktoberfest Poutine at the Daily Poutine: french fries, cheese curds, and gravy topped with Bratwurst and Sauerkraut
- Wolfgang Puck Bar and Grill: Nutty Buddy Sundae packed with chocolate gelato, devil's food cake, peanut butter mousse, and Reese's (available through October 15 )
- Vivoli il Gelato: The Nutty Ghost sundae features chocolate hazelnut and pistachio gelato, topped with crushed hazelnuts and pistachios, chocolate sauce and whipped cream.