3. 2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival kicks off
August 29th wasn't just opening day for Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, as it was also the kickoff date for the 2019 Epcot Food and Wine Festival, which will be longer than ever this year at 87 days, running until November 23 2019.
4. Massive Epcot closures coming next week
In just one week Epcot will begin work on the transformation of Future World, with the following locations will be closing on September 8, 2019:
- Club Cool
- Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto meet and greet
- Joy and Sadness character meet and greet
- Baymax character meet and greet
- FountainView Starbucks
- Colortopia (Innoventions)
- Fountain of Nations
- Art of Disney
- Pin Central
Though characters Mickey, Minnie and Pluto are being relocated, Joy, Sadness and Baymax will not be meeting guests at Epcot after September 8. And while Disney has confirmed via social media that Club Cool will return in some form at a later date, we don't know when that will be as no timeline or potential replacement location has been given.
5. UP! A Great Bird Adventure to close next week for refurbishment
Back in 2018 Disney's Animal Kingdom changed its Flights of Wonder show at Disney's Animal Kingdom to include characters from the movie UP! alongside the show's cast of birds, and changed the title to the more IP-friendly UP! A Great Bird Adventure.