This week at Walt Disney World, Disney announces two new ticket types, some unplanned refurbishments get longer, plus some character changes come to Disney parks and resorts!
Outside Walt Disney World, Universal announces all of the final new details for its Halloween Horror Nights event, including a brand new nighttime spectacular show.
1. New Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Pass now available for purchase
Seemingly in response to the popularity of Universal Orlando Resort's Frequent Fear pass for Halloween Horror Nights (which offers entry to multiple event nights), Walt Disney World has announced that for the first time ever they will be offering a "party pass" for this year's Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Guests with this special pass will have access to most party nights, excluding October 31 2019. Pricing is $299 plus tax for ages 10 and above, and $284 plus tax for ages 3-9.
Supplies of this ticket are very limited, so guests looking to purchase one will have to do so at either Guest Services or any ticket window. This special ticket can not be purchased online. Guests who already have tickets to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween party can upgrade their ticket to a Party Pass by calling 407-939-4295 and paying the difference.
2. Disney debuts the Mid-Day Magic Ticket
And speaking of new ticket types, Walt Disney World is launching a brand new Mid-Day Magic ticket option for guests, which grants access to the parks after noon. Guests can purchase this ticket with several options including multi-day and park hopper. Here's the basic price breakdown:
- A 2-day ticket costs $88 a day, plus tax (from $176 total, plus tax)
- A 3-day ticket costs $84 a day, plus tax (from $252 total, plus tax)
- A 4-day ticket costs $79 a day, plus tax (from $316 total, plus tax)
Though the base ticket only includes one park per day, a Park Hopper Option (or Park Hopper Plus) can be added on for an additional fee. Disney FastPass+ selections before 12:00 PM will not be valid with the Mid-Day Magic ticket, and guests who are staying on property can not use this ticket to gain access to morning Extra Magic Hours.
3. Special annual passholder character meet and greets coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom
Beginning August 29th Disney will have the following special character meet and greets around Disney's Animal Kingdom just for annual passholders:
- Meet Baloo near Creature Comforts from 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Greet Jane and Tarzan near Island Mercantile in Discovery Island from 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM.