4. Reservations now available for select experiences inside Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
Disney's Hollywood Studios is currently in the thick of Cast Member and Annual Passholder previews for Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, and with only a few weeks to go before the official opening of this new land, they have announced that, much like the version of this land in California, there will be a strict reservation system in place for some of the locations at the east coast Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, including Oga's Cantina, Droid Depot and Savi's Workshop. You can learn more about these experiences here.
5. NBA Experience at Disney Springs now open
The NBA Experience at Disney Springs is now open, after several years in development. A ticket to NBA Experience will be all-inclusive, and will allow guests to access every activity inside this entertainment complex. In addition to being able to experience whatever they want, whenever they want, guests will also be able to return to favorite areas and experience them over and over again if they wish. Some of the options will include:
- A slam dunk challenge, where guests can change the height of a standard 10-foot hoop to as low as seven feet to perform their own superstar moves – captured by burst photography.
- An activity that tests shooting skills with spots on a court that light up as guests move from one location to another attempting to sink as many shots as possible in 15 seconds.
- A way for guests to see how they stack up to some of the world’s best basketball players by measuring their vertical leap, wingspan, shooting and dribbling.
- Personalization for various activities with guests’ names and associating the activity with their favorite NBA or WNBA teams.
- Real-time technology to aggregate statistics of NBA and WNBA games and players for continuous updates, while leaderboards will track top NBA Experience performers throughout each day.
6. Curl at Disney Springs closing forever this week
Curl by Sammy Duvall, a surf shop found in Disney Springs' West Side, will close its doors forever on August 15, 2019. First opened in 2007 in Downtown Disney’s Pleasure Island, Curl is one of the longest-standing non-Disney retail locations at Disney Springs, but unforutnately it looks like this retail location has reached the end of the line.
7. Ample Hills Creamery expanding to Disney Springs
And speaking of Disney Springs, it has been announced that BoardWalk favorite Ample Hills Creamery will be opening a brand new location at Disney Springs' West Side. This location will offer handcrafted ice cream and mix-ins (like brownie bites, oatmeal lace cookies and butter pecan brittle) similar to what is available at the Ample Hills Creamery located at Disney’s BoardWalk.