Character meet and greets are a big part of what makes a trip to Walt Disney World so special, and in recent months Disney has taken it upon themselves to make a number of improvements and changes to each park's character line-up. While not all of these changes are always popular with guests, Disney is constantly making adjustments to try and make character offerings as diverse as possible while still keeping things running efficiently around the parks.
This month, Epcot set to get several character shuffles this fall, the Magic Kingdom set to lose several long lost friends, plus a vintage character is set to come to Disney's Hollywood Studios
1. Baymax, Joy and Sadness meet and greets closing
As part of the transformation of Epcot's Future World, three characters are moving out of Walt Disney World permanently: Inside Out duo Joy and Sadness, and Baymax from Big Hero 6 will also be having their last day at Epcot on September 7, 2019
2. Minnie, Minnie, Daisy and Goofy being relocated at Epcot
Also at Epcot, the following characters are moving out of the various Character Spot locations and into these new locations:
- Minnie Mouse will move to the World Showcase Gazebo
- Daisy Duck will move to the American Adventure
- Mickey and Goofy will meet temporarily in Innoventions West, but will have a permanent location in the Imagination Pavilion
3. Winnie the Pooh is returning to the UK Pavilion
In yet another character change at Epcot, longtime favorite Winnie the Pooh is moving back into the UK pavilion after more than three years. Guests who stop by this September will be able to once again meet this beloved character who will meet guests in front of the Christopher Robin's Bedroom backdrop at the back of the pavilion.