Though next month brings the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge to Disney's Hollywood Studios, it will also see the earliest start ever for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom, which will kick off in just a few weeks on August 16th. And though the past few iterations of this blockbuster event have only seen the subtlest of changes year to year, 2019 will actually bring some pretty major additions to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, that fans will definitely want to know about
1. Mickey's Boo to You Halloween parade gets new characters, costumes and float
One of the biggest attractions that keeps guests coming back to this seasonal event year after year is Mickey's Boo-to-You Halloween Parade, which has new elements just for this year, including the following:
- A new Tomorrowland float featuring The Incredibles and designer extraordinaire Edna Mode followed by Buzz Lightyear and Alien explorers discovering crystalline treasures on the surface of a planetary playset float (concept art above).
- The Haunted Mansion float will feature a new addition, the spectral Bride, who glides among the waltzing spirits.
- Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse will be wearing brand-new Halloween costumes.
2. New Halloween enhancements coming to favorite attractions just for party guests
- Space Mountain will go completely dark once again, but this time guests will experience the vast emptiness of space with a new “hard-rockin’” soundtrack.
- The cast at Monsters Inc Laugh Floor will interact with visitors as they try to learn more about the holiday humans call Halloween.