Though it may not initially seem like it, Walt Disney World has truly come into its own in recent years as a real food lover’s paradise. If you count yourself as one of the many who love eating their way around the Walt Disney World parks and resorts, there are some big changes taking effect right now you should know about.
For May's dining update, two new restaurants are set to come to Epcot before the end of the year, an otherworldly menu is revealed for Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, plus an expensive new upcharge for the Magic Kingdom is announced.
1.Takumi-Tei announced for Japan pavilion at Epcot
It was confirmed last year that a new signature dining experience will be coming soon to Epcot's Japan pavilion, and now we know that this new location will be named Takumi-Tei, which means house of the artisan.Operated by Mitsukoshi, which also runs the pavilion's other restaurants and retail areas, the restaurant will draw inspiration from nature.
The menu will include Wagyu Beef and a multi-course tasting menu with traditional tea service. Drinks will include signature cocktails, premium sake and a wine and craft beer menu.
Construction on this new location is almost complete, and guests should be able to make reservations at this dining location this summer.
2. Epcot's space-themed restaurant coming this year
Back in 2017 during the D23 Expo Disney surprised guests by announcing a new space-themed restaurant that would be constructed in Future World where would have special "windows" that simulate views of the galaxy as diners “travel high above the earth” during their meal. And now we know that construction on this project is moving along speedily as Disney has announced a late 2019 opening for this upcoming restaurant!
3. Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo menu revealed
Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo, the main eatery in Star Wars Galaxy's Edge, offering quick service food and drink during lunch and dinner has released its full menu just ahead of the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland. This menu will of course debut first on the west coast, but will be identical to the one that hits Disney's Hollywood Studios on August 29th.
- Smoked Kaadu Ribs – sticky pork ribs served with a blueberry corn muffin and cabbage slaw
- Fried Endorian Tip-yip – crispy chicken served with roasted vegetable potato mash and herb gravy
- Yobshrimp Noodle Salad – chilled shrimp served with marinated noodles and vegetables
- Roasted Endorian Tip-yip Salad – marinated chicken served with mixed greens, roasted seasonal vegetables, quinoa, pumpkin seeds, and green curry ranch
- Felucian Garden Spread (lunch only) – plant-based “kefta” served with herb hummus, tomato-cucumber relish, and pita
- Braised Shaak Roast (dinner only) – beef pot roast served with cavatelli pasta, wilted kale, and mushrooms
- Ithorian Garden Loaf (dinner only) – plant-based “meatloaf” served with roasted vegetable potato mash, seasonal vegetables, and mushroom sauce
- Oi-oi Puff – raspberry cream puff with passion fruit mousse
- Batuu-bon – chocolate cake with white chocolate mousse and coffee custard