The Disney After Hours experience, even though it got off to a slow start, has been super popular in recent months, selling out at Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom earlier this year. And while this event provides plenty of perks (short lines, unlimited soft drinks and ice cream, etc.), Disney has announced a new, plussed up version of Disney After Hours at the Magic Kingdom coming this summer. And you'll definitely want to pay attention if you are a fan of the darker side of Disney....
1. Introducing Disney Villains After Hours
Beginning this summer on select nights the Magic Kingdom will host Disney Villains After Hours which will once again feature limited guest numbers, complimentary snacks and access to most attractions. However, in addition to the standard After Hours offerings, this plussed up event will include the following Villains-inspired enhancements:
- Hades and Meg from “Hercules” will set the castle stage ablaze in an all-new stage show, Villains Unite the Night, which will also feature appearances by other notable baddies including Jafar, The Queen, Dr. Facilier and Maleficent.
- Maleficent the Dragon (as seen in the Festival of Fantasy parade) will be let loose for the first time at night – breathing fire as she creeps through the park as a one-of-a-kind experience for After Hours guests.
- Plussed versions of Pirates of the Caribbean and Space Mountain will have villain-inspired enhancements and overlays
- A variety of special food & beverage offerings will also be available for purchase, including desserts, drinks and dishes inspired by The Evil Queen, Cruella de Vil, Maleficent, Hades, Dr. Facilier and even Emperor Zurg.
- Special merchandise themed to villains will also be available for purchase.
This brand new Disney Villains inspired event will be available beginning this summer, and is being offered on the following dates:
- June 6, 13, 20, 27 2019
- July 1, 11, 18, 25 2019
- August 1, 8 2019