The Rivers of Light nighttime spectacular at Disney's Animal Kingdom has had a rough couple of months. Though this entertainment offering started out OK back in early 2017, the show has gone through several revisions in the nearly two years it has been open before budget cuts hit Rivers of Light this past fall when the 4 “shaman” characters were removed. These human performers, who helped to act as the "storytellers" for this show had their last performance on September 29th, after which this show will be performed with empty boats.
Understandably, this has affected the quality of the show, which was already suffering with mixed word of mouth from guests. However, in a last-ditch effort to get guests to see this show during the holiday season Disney has released a new promotion that actually give guests money to guarantee seating for this show after enjoying a day full of treats and snacks at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
Introducing the Disney's Animal Kingdom Tasting Sampler
Announced earlier this week, the new Disney's Animal Kingdom Tasting Sampler is a special limited-time promotion that allows guests to try food and beverages around the park, while also reserving a seat for Rivers of Light as well and even getting some money back, the latter of which is virtually an unheard of experience at Walt Disney World. Here's how it works:
Guests can book the Disney's Animal Kingdom Tasting Sampler experience online, for $30 per guest. Once the experience is paid for, guests will then be emailed a special $35 digital value card that can be used to purchase select tasting-sized food and drinks at over 40 kiosks and carts throughout the park. Here are just some of the options:
- Africa: Chicken curry bowl, Dole Whip float, and craft beer selections
- Discovery Island: Meatball with polenta, mac & cheese with pulled pork or shrimp, house-smoked pastrami slider, and apple cider donut holes
- Pandora: Pineapple lumpia, pretzels, and select beverages
- Asia: Tuna bao, Korean beef slider, fried dumplings, margaritas, and a beer flight
- Dinoland U.S.A.: Corn chip pie, Buffalo chicken chips, milkshakes, and a holiday sundae
- Other Locations: Additional carts are available throughout the park