Though it may not initially seem like it, Walt Disney World has truly come into its own in recent years as a real food lover’s paradise. If you count yourself as one of the many who love eating their way around the Walt Disney World parks and resorts, there are some big changes taking effect right now you should know about.
For September's dining update, a Magic Kingdom eatery expands its offerings, a well-known upcharge gets pricier, plus Epcot reveals the first details for 2019's special events!
1. The Plaza Restaurant to begin serving breakfast
The Plaza Restaurant on Main Street USA at the Magic Kingdom will add breakfast to its menu beginning on November 4th and lasting through the holiday season. This is expected to be a limited-time offering and is expected to end January 5th, 2019. Menu items will include:
- Classic All-American Breakfast featuring scrambled eggs with breakfast potatoes, sausage, bacon, a biscuit, and Mickey Waffle.
- Lobster Benedict with crispy fried green tomatoes, buttery lobster, two poached eggs, and hollandaise - served with house-made breakfast potatoes.
- Create-Your-Own Omelet with fresh ingredients including sausage, bacon, ham, onions, peppers, tomatoes, and cheese.
2. Early Morning Magic expands farther into Fantasyland and changes breakfast venue
Early Morning Magic will be returning to the Magic Kingdom this holiday season, and will once again allow guests to enter the Magic Kingdom at 7:30AM, more than an hour before rope drop to have breakfast and experience Fantasyland before the park opens. However, it has been announced that some changes will be coming to this upcharge experience.
- The number of attractions available for guests during this upcharge will double, with Princess Fairytale Hall, “it’s a small world”, Mad Tea Party, Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid now available in addition to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Peter Pan's Flight and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- In addition breakfast will move to Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe, where cheese and cured meats, scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, pancakes and more will be served.