Though the big news out of Disney's Hollywood Studios in 2018 was the June 30th opening of Toy Story Land, as summer turns to fall some other changes are on the horizon for this park that visitors should know about. From half a dozen character changes happening before the end of the month to several interesting retail refurbishments, here are all the changes going on right now at this park!
1. Several character changes happening before the end of the month
Character experiences are of course a big part of any Disney park, and Disney's Hollywood Studios is getting a number of character changes over the next few days, including the following:
- The Star Lord and Groot meet and greet at Disney's Hollywood Studios will be ending on September 29th.
- Several of the Citizens of Hollywood will be retired by the end of the month, including Dorma Nesmond, Paige Turner, Dara Vamp, and Officer Prime Brody.
- Disney Junior star Vampirina will be coming to Disney Junior Play 'n' Dine at Hollywood and Vine beginning on September 30. Later in the fall on an unspecified date this new character will join the Disney Junior meet and greet lineup in the Animation Courtyard.
- Though not a meet and greet, the March of the First Order parade is set to be downsized before the end of the month, with several Stormtroopers being cut from this daily procession.
2. Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away set to close for several weeks later this month
Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away has been performed off and on since April 2016, but will be closing for several months after September 29th. During this closure, Disney will do some maintenance on the Center Stage area of the park, after which this (now seasonal) attraction will return before the holiday season. No specific reason was given for this closure, but we'd guess it has something to do with the ongoing budget cuts happening all around Walt Disney World